10-21-09 – Music

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

She looks so tired!

Thankfully not. It’s the “would you sit there while I get the rough framing, lighting, etc. lined up?” shot. 🙂

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I uploaded my only decent pictures for this week and realized they all three suck so I think I am gonna sit this one out.

olavf
    Participant

Well I uploaded my only decent pictures for this week and realized they all three suck so I think I am gonna sit this one out.

Sorry to hear that :/

edit: I usually post at least one anyway, just to make a showing. Honestly, you never know. I’ve seen my best pics tank, and my mediocre ones (in my mind) catch some fancy…

lokisbong
    Participant

Sorry to hear that :/

edit: I usually post at least one anyway, just to make a showing. Honestly, you never know. I’ve seen my best pics tank, and my mediocre ones (in my mind) catch some fancy…

Now that I have looked through the thread I think it was a sound choice. I am out of my element with band shots I guess.

olavf
    Participant

Band shots are tough, even under the best conditions.

But, if you gotta… next week though, right?

lokisbong
    Participant

Next week I am still trying to figure out what all to shoot. I am planning a night hike this weekend and if the fog cooperates I might have some stuff.

edited to say …I keep reading your earlier edit and maybe I will do one of the crappy band shots just to say I tried.

olavf
    Participant

Next week I am still trying to figure out what all to shoot. I am planning a night hike this weekend and if the fog cooperates I might have some stuff.

edited to say …I keep reading your earlier edit and maybe I will do one of the crappy band shots just to say I tried.

I’ve got one picture for next week. And one idea I gave to Kat, ’cause I know there’s now way in hell that she’s pose for it, and it really must be done 😛

But, for me, the main thing is to do *something* even if I know it’s kinda lame. I know I’m going to have some pretty bad weeks, but as a general rule, I try to shoot something new for each contest, and maybe throw in some archive shots just to keep my head in the mindset of taking pictures.

U-Man
    Participant

Sorry for my tardiness…my daughter’s 7th birthday is today, so we were celebrating. 7 years…le sigh….

Contest linky:
    http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4716608

My wife’s 40th is today. I set up a surprise. Her folks came here to watch the girls for a few days and we are off to Chicago for a grown-up weekend. Big points. Plus…there’s the whole grown up weekend thing. Win-win for U-Man.

While in the Windy city I want to shoot some sort of night-time city photo. Like this one – http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/114/5/1/Chicago_Skyline_by_msog.jpg . Any suggestions on where to go? Other than up.

linguine
    Participant

Sorry for my tardiness…my daughter’s 7th birthday is today, so we were celebrating. 7 years…le sigh….

Contest linky:
    http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4716608

My wife’s 40th is today. I set up a surprise. Her folks came here to watch the girls for a few days and we are off to Chicago for a grown-up weekend. Big points. Plus…there’s the whole grown up weekend thing. Win-win for U-Man.

While in the Windy city I want to shoot some sort of night-time city photo. Like this one – http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/114/5/1/Chicago_Skyline_by_msog.jpg . Any suggestions on where to go? Other than up.

I’ve never been up any of the big towers in Chicago, but I do know that if you go up the formerly sears tower you want to go to the restaurant and buy a drink for the cost of the ticket to get to the observation level which is 1 floor lower.

Kestrana
    Participant

U-Man

Go to the Hancock building north on Michigan Avenue by Watertower Place, especially if your wife likes to shop. There’s an ice cream parlor, Godiva Store, the Watertower Place shopping center and the Hancock Tower all together, plus its only 2 blocks from the lake and you can take some neat pictures looking south along the lake front or back into the city center. It’s also somewhat close to Navy Pier, which is the place to go if you want to take panoramic skyline pictures and you don’t have a boat. On the south end, the Museum Campus offers another jutting landform that allows you to take wide skyline pictures of the city, as well as pictures of the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and Soldier Field. From Navy Pier to the Museum Campus stretches an unbroken line of parks including Grant Park, Buckingham Fountain, the “Bean” statue, interactive fountains and the outdoor amphitheater.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks folks. We’ll be at Navy Pier Friday night at the spook house. I’ll bring a camera and tiny tripod.

/any additional input is welcome.

staplermofo
    Participant

Thanks folks. We’ll be at Navy Pier Friday night at the spook house. I’ll bring a camera and tiny tripod.

/any additional input is welcome.

I know this great place on Lower Wacker to take photos. Come alone and bring all your camera stuff. I’ll meet you there.

mopsy
    Participant

Am not sure many of you are still reading the music discussion thread, but I’d like you to take a look at upmqtguy’s entries. He’s new and one of my co-workers. Like most first timers, he had some frustration in entering his pics. You’ll find them at the bottom of the thread. There are three, but the last two got kicked out because they were not sized correctly and he reentered them some time after his first entry. See what you think. Plus, we might just be getting another co-worker to join. That will make three from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.

olavf
    Participant

Saw ’em. +1 for the violinist, for sure.

edit: suggest to him scaling to 640×480 & setting the quality to around 90% That usually makes for ~100k pics for me.

And, I really wish more pics had popped this week =/ There were a bunch that I wish I could have seen bigger

Upmqtguy
    Participant

Hello all!

This is really an exciting adventure! I love the fact that not only are the contests ever changing, but the quality of work is so impressive. This is just the thing I need to force myself to get out there and start taking more photos! Thank you all so much for the help in getting my photos up and correctly sized! Thanks to Mopsy for all of her help…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • The topic ‘10-21-09 – Music’ is closed to new replies.