11-24-10 – Farktography Classic: Autumn II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-24-10 – Farktography Classic: Autumn II

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

For once I’m happy with all three of my entries, and they all look good on three different types of monitors.

//This means, of course, that I’ve picked all the wrong ones and will sucketh loudly.

I had trouble with one title. I decided to go bold and just call it ‘Autumn’. Unless I think of something better in less than an hour’s time.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Crap…forgot it’s Wednesday…better get lookin for something to enter

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    PandyFarmer
    Participant

Rav, your shot with the fence is really really fantastic. Sometimes I wish you posted with Flickr so I could fave them.

orionid
    Participant
    U-Man
    Participant
    zincprincess
    Participant
    nobigdeal
    Participant
    U-Man
    Participant

I like pretty much all of these. 🙂

Hey. This theme made me remember a question I have. My Canons seem to have trouble with largish, relatively uniform red-red things. They get blown out in relation to the rest of the frame.

Example – http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/peopleplaces/m_7822.jpg

Check out the red dress. It featureless in this pic but not in real life. Any input? (I spent an afternoon taking pics of this dynamic lady for a mail-out thing she did while running for county board.)

sleeping
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

As far as I know, this is a Canon thing. Canons blow out reds very easily, and I’ve experienced that myself with the two 30D’s I have. Your 5D might be a bit better since it should have somewhat better dynamic range, but it’s still an issue, possibly owing to the fact that Canons tend to shoot warmer under incandescent light. You might try decreasing your default camera saturation.

justkat
    Participant

I like pretty much all of these. 🙂

Hey. This theme made me remember a question I have. My Canons seem to have trouble with largish, relatively uniform red-red things. They get blown out in relation to the rest of the frame.

Example – http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/peopleplaces/m_7822.jpg

Check out the red dress. It featureless in this pic but not in real life. Any input? (I spent an afternoon taking pics of this dynamic lady for a mail-out thing she did while running for county board.)

This isn’t an answer, it’s half a thought… I know there is an adjustment one is supposed to make for shooting green, so possibly doing the opposite of whatever that is would help with red. Just don’t ask me what the green adjustment is, cuz I forgotted. I’d have to find my book and look it up… and you don’t want to do that to me, do you? It’s an exercise for the student. 😉

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

i’m drinking my sambuca in anticipation of the anxiety of waiting for days to see how the masses vote, to see if the populace shares any similar opinions of my photos that i do.

i really should do better in convincing myself that votes/comments/views are irrelevant.

good luck, all.

olavf
    Participant

i’m drinking my sambuca in anticipation of the anxiety of waiting for days to see how the masses vote, to see if the populace shares any similar opinions of my photos that i do.

i really should do better in convincing myself that votes/comments/views are irrelevant.

good luck, all.

I do this every week. Well, not the Sambuca, but….

They are relevant, but try and remember that they don’t necessarily have any reflection on the quality of your shots. I try (and often fail, but hey)

ravnostic
    Participant

Rav, your shot with the fence is really really fantastic. Sometimes I wish you posted with Flickr so I could fave them.

Thanks. I do post them in my FB acct, which you can PM me to find if you’d like. That particular one was also one of my entries in the Az Highways photo contest; don’t know that it will win as it’s not a full landscape view (and it’s in that category), but I do think they’ll at least think it’s a nice picture. I love it. Sadly, I accidently erased the RAW version, and had to work with the jpeg (unless it’s hiding somewhere in my drives, which sometimes happens.)

I’m liking the entries so far, in particular Mopsy, Eden… (the blurry one), and Because I Said So had ones I particularly enjoyed.

//going to be a tight contest!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘11-24-10 – Farktography Classic: Autumn II’ is closed to new replies.