12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take a picture that depicts your favorite song, or album cover.

Theme description courtesy of olavf–thanks!

clouddancer
    Participant

To clarify: We’re going by song title or album name, correct?

Also, should that be the title of the picture and/or included with the posting (I’m thinking not well known or local band albums/songs), or is that part optional?

linguine
    Participant

Also, should that be the title of the picture and/or included with the posting (I’m thinking not well known or local band albums/songs), or is that part optional?

I’d assume thats optional, but including captions will probably only help you since people won’t be guessing what it is.

olavf
    Participant

For songs, I was going for something representational of the song, so a picture based on title, lyrics, or theme would all be appropriate. My personal shots will probably be along the lines of ‘Fantasia in still’ if you will – interpreting the song through picture – but it certainly shouldn’t be limited to that. But as linguine suggested, something along the ‘literal’ interpretation of the song name would be cool too.

Album covers I was going for more of a recreation of the album cover (or jacket liner). So Led Zeppelin, for example: the ‘Houses of the Holy’ cover could be done as a SFF version, but something like ‘Led Zeppelin I’ think would be more difficult, unless you can come up with a creative way to recreated the Hindenburg disaster.

All-in-all I’m going for a pretty open contest. And, given how much music there is in the world that’s been recorded in the last 100 or so years, a caption would be appreciated, I think.

justkat
    Participant

I have no idea what I’m going to do yet, but I suspect that I’ll have the best luck with something that resonates strongly for me, and many of my favorite songs are by bands that never “made it”. Just people I knew who recorded a demo disc or something to sell at their gigs, but nobody outside of San Francisco in the 90s would know them. And most people IN San Francisco in the 90s probably wouldn’t lol.

So from my perspective it seems like lyrics or song titles for captions would probably be fairly important… 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Any way we go with it, the theme is chock full of possibilities. olavf‘s openity toward creativity all the better.

//I’ll fail. Spectacularly.

unlike in Labor Day, where I’m showing up about as popular as a fart in church during a wedding. Or maybe a brisk.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Definitely like the open definition for this one.

Just got to figure out a cool way to shoot “Kiss me baby one more time”….

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I love this!

Curious
    Participant

unfortunately one of my all time favorite songs is “the rose” and while i have tons of nice/good/entry worthy pictures i don’t see them getting many votes for creativity.

orionid
    Participant

So….. is it cool if I have a picture of a car that was the title/inspiration of a song?

olavf
    Participant

Absolutely. A “Little Deuce Coupe”, for example.

ravnostic
    Participant

Can I borrow anyone’s grandmother for this? Oh, and a reindeer? :-p

olavf
    Participant

lol. I was thinking about that song last night…

orionid
    Participant

Absolutely. A “Little Deuce Coupe”, for example.

You’re good. Right band, wrong song. Not that that narrows it down any.

U-Man
    Participant

That Camaro didn’t have a 409. Did it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • The topic ‘12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same’ is closed to new replies.