12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    LeicaLens
    Participant

I once made 35mph in a Mini Metro.
    Does that count for anything?

ravnostic
    Participant

For songs, I was going for something representational of the song, so a picture based on title, lyrics, or theme would all be appropriate.

I’m going to go with this on at least one shot, so I hope you really meant what you wrote. Lemme know if not.

Album covers I was going for more of a recreation of the album cover (or jacket liner). So Led Zeppelin, for example: the ‘Houses of the Holy’ cover could be done as a SFF version, but something like ‘Led Zeppelin I’ think would be more difficult, unless you can come up with a creative way to recreate the Hindenburg disaster.

The first thing I think of is “I won’t do this better than Orionid will, so I won’t bother.” 😕

Uranus
    Participant

so many things…fearless, shameless, and a top mechanic 😆

orionid
    Participant

Album covers I was going for more of a recreation of the album cover (or jacket liner). So Led Zeppelin, for example: the ‘Houses of the Holy’ cover could be done as a SFF version, but something like ‘Led Zeppelin I’ think would be more difficult, unless you can come up with a creative way to recreate the Hindenburg disaster.

The first thing I think of is “I won’t do this better than Orionid will, so I won’t bother.” :?[/quote]

Oh, how the hampster wheels have just started turning.
    oh oh oh………

I promise, Kestrana, I won’t burn the house down.

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh, how the hampster wheels have just started turning.
    oh oh oh………

I promise, Kestrana, I won’t burn the house down.

Yeah, well. Burning, falling, roasting hamsters; that’s what I’m seeing. Little gears spinning and falling through the air, squeals of despair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJP2PH8WKaI[/code]

clouddancer
    Participant

So literal interpretation of album/song title is ok? That’s about all I have to go on for the moment. Wasn’t sure I would have anything to go on, but my iTunes library is proving to have some interesting possibilities.

Came back to see if I had posted this only to find out I hadn’t hit submit, so I thought I’d add this:
    Not to be premature, but I think I have at least one very apt photo. I *might* link it to share if I’m asked nicely. 🙂

olavf
    Participant

‘band literal’ is certainly within the realm of the contest.

Even this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

And if you have something awesome to share with the class, I think we’d all appreciate it. I haven’t worked on this one at all yet 😛

clouddancer
    Participant

And if you have something awesome to share with the class, I
    think we’d all appreciate it. I haven’t worked on this one at all yet 😛

[/code]

I hope that worked….
    If it did, for the song “Splish, Splash” by Bobby Darin.

Curious
    Participant

had forgotten that one. it’s awesome.

i have ideas but they are obvious ones.

clouddancer
    Participant

Not that I’m giving any of my ideas away, because I am with this, but I figured I’d lend a hand. A few working song titles that lend themselves to being somewhat easy to get/interpret:

Blue Skies (written by Irving Berlin)
    Autumn Leaves (written by Johnny Mercer), and I’m aware of the timing with the Autumn contest the week prior
    Black Coffee (performed by at least Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn, and I’ve been told Billie Holiday sang it, too)
    Fever (performed by Peggy Lee)
    Scotch and Soda (performed by Kingston Trio, also thought of Greenback Dollar by them as well)
    Meat Loaf – You took the words right out of my mouth
    Aqua – Aquarium (album name)
    Aqua – Lollipop (Candyman), in the Aquarium album
    Watermark – Enya (album name and title song)

Just a few, and that’s only what’s in my iTunes library that caught my eye. I haven’t gone through my sheet music for any other jazz standards as they seem to lend well to photographs from my perusing thus far.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

“This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country. “
    FU, SME.

had forgotten that one. it’s awesome.

i have ideas but they are obvious ones.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I had a hard time getting anything going for this one until last night. I think this one will be a challenging theme, so I say post anyway, Curious. One – if not all three – of mine is what I would call obvious, and it’s likely someone else will have the same idea. I don’t care, I like it anyway, so it’s in.

U-Man
    Participant

I need to start thinking about this one…

LeicaLens
    Participant

so many things…fearless, shameless, and a top mechanic 😆

Well, I was going downhill at the time.
    And I think I had the wind behind me, as opposed to a windy behind.

olavf
    Participant

Heh. Me too…

lokisbong
    Participant

Heh. Me too…

Yeah me too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 184 total)
  • The topic ‘12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same’ is closed to new replies.