12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

That Camaro didn’t have a 409. Did it?

No. (sigh). If it did, I’d have probably kept that motor for the vette. The 409 was phased out in 65 when the mk IV big block rolled out, forever putting the 427 and 454 on the map as the pinnacle of bad-assistude.

/despite having a 350 tuned in at 405/440 and 10.5 timeslips, I’ve been [jokingly] told at car shows to take my grandmother’s small-block back home by guys with 454s, 572s, and a 603. The 603 was running a three-pack of barry grant 1050 demons with a weiand 8-71 blower on E-85. He had dyno slips of 1025/1200 and a 6.85 timeslip.

U-Man
    Participant

The 603 was running a three-pack of barry grant 1050 demons with a weiand 8-71 blower on E-85. He had dyno slips of 1025/1200 and a 6.85 timeslip.

Blah blah 603 blah blah blah blah blower blah blah blah blah.

Percutaneous aspiration of the necrotizing pancreatitis and resultant pancreatic pseudocyst would likely be less efficacious than internal drainage via endoscopic cyst-gastrostomy.

/so there. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Mmmm sexy.

SilverStag
    Participant

orionid: I never told you about my 1964 Pontiac Catalina Sport Coupe, did I? 389 with 3 holly 750 CFM’s (Tri-Power!) and a Slim Jim 4 speed automatic.

Would pass anything but a gas station.

(I don’t know how fast it went; I got scared well before it got there.)

((I did get a ticket for 134 MPH in a 70, though. I framed it))

orionid
    Participant

The 603 was running a three-pack of barry grant 1050 demons with a weiand 8-71 blower on E-85. He had dyno slips of 1025/1200 and a 6.85 timeslip.

Blah blah 603 blah blah blah blah blower blah blah blah blah.

He lost more horsepower and torque to friction and moving big chunks of metal than I made as a whole….. And he was really fuckin’ fast.

Percutaneous aspiration of the necrotizing pancreatitis and resultant pancreatic pseudocyst would likely be less efficacious than internal drainage via endoscopic cyst-gastrostomy.

/so there. 🙂

Obviously. Who doesn’t know that in a properly sanitized environment with near unlimited equipment access, an intrusive procedure would be much more efficient than letting it breathe.

/really doesn’t want to start a brain pan war – mildly intimidated by anyone studious enough to actually complete med school.
    //Also really wants to say beta decay of Iodine-135 and xenon-135 concentration following a SCRAM must be accounted as an integral of operational power history and computed against core thermal variances to determine ensuing critical rod height in the operating group.

orionid
    Participant

orionid: I never told you about my 1964 Pontiac Catalina Sport Coupe, did I? 389 with 3 holly 750 CFM’s (Tri-Power!) and a Slim Jim 4 speed automatic.

*drooool………* I like Catalinas. Actually, I pretty much like the entire class of old-man sleepers. That’s alot of carb for a 389. Jeebus. And you’ve got me beat. My personal best that’s been verified by a state authority was 132. My camaro peaked out at 128, but with 4.11’s in the back it got there real farkin fast.

U-Man
    Participant

/really doesn’t want to start a brain pan war – mildly intimidated by anyone studious enough to actually complete med school.
    //Also really wants to say beta decay of Iodine-135 and xenon-135 concentration following a SCRAM must be accounted as an integral of operational power history and computed against core thermal variances to determine ensuing critical rod height in the operating group.

Nah. Med school isn’t all that hard, it’s just really farking loooong. Nuclear physics (and the math required) is more difficult for me. In all likelihood, you’re smarter than I am. 🙂

I do have a pretty challenging job, though.

/you said ‘rod height’. 😯

SilverStag
    Participant

Welcome to Car Talk, Farktography Edition!

*drooool………* I like Catalinas. Actually, I pretty much like the entire class of old-man sleepers. That’s alot of carb for a 389. Jeebus. And you’ve got me beat. My personal best that’s been verified by a state authority was 132. My camaro peaked out at 128, but with 4.11’s in the back it got there real farkin fast.

Yeah, my Poncho had taller gears, 3-somethings. But it did have ported heads and a fancy Edelbrock intake plus headers that glowed real purty at night.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, no, it’s “Caaaa Tawk, Faaaktawgrafee Ehdishin”

Uranus
    Participant

My camaro peaked out at 128, but with 4.11’s in the back it got there real farkin fast.

If I did teh maths correctly, that’s only 20mph faster than I ever squeezed out of a 1302 Beetle….no ticket to verify though, and the oil in the air filter was just about boiling after that run…

olavf
    Participant

Best I’ve ever done is around 135 – Can’t verify because my old Alfa GTV-6’s speedo topped out at 85, but I could do that at 3rd gear. According to the stats, when you hit the rev limiter in 5th that’s about the speed.

Oh, and I had a rental SEAT when I was in Germany. The hull speed on that thing was 128mph. Any faster and the wheels didn’t feel connected to the pavement any more. Kinda takes some of teh fun out of the Autobahn.

Curious
    Participant

ok my turn. in ’63 i had a ’60 impala 348 with triple carbs and 3:36s stock wide spread 4 speed. once ran the speedo off the dial street racing. speedo went to 120 or 125.

next fast car was in 1967. a ’66 vette with the 327 hyd lifeter cam. don’t remember the rear end but i got the car floating around 135 going to vegas. that 1″ of foot print at night is just flat out stupid.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I cannot brag about that kind o speed but I once got my stock Chevy Monza with a 262 v8 to just over 120 according to the guy in the 5 liter mustang I was racing. My speedometer only went to 90 if I remember right. on almost bald tires on a 2 lane road with trees on both sides. Man was I dumb in the 80s.

Back to the theme though I am having a hard time picking which songs to even try this with.

Kestrana
    Participant

I’ll necrotize your pancreas.

SilverStag
    Participant

I’ll necrotize your pancreas.

Too Late.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 184 total)
  • The topic ‘12-01-10 – The Song Remains the Same’ is closed to new replies.