12-02-09 – Win, Fail, or

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-02-09 – Win, Fail, or

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take your best shot at starting a new meme. You must caption your picture only with “Win”, “Fail”, or “I like where this thread is going”. You may caption within your post or with text added to your picture. Also, be advised that photos in this thread are probably more likely to be grabbed for intarweb usage.

Thanks to Zeke for the theme suggestion!

linguine
    Participant

Are we photoshopping these captions into the pictures or just posting normal pictures and typing the caption above/below?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Posting normal pictures and typing the caption above/below was the original intent, but it might be funnier to PS it into the image itself. Thoughts?

linguine
    Participant

I think photoshopping would be more fun. Adding text is pretty simple so its not like we’d be adding some big hurdle in terms of software use to give anyone an advantage there.

Kestrana
    Participant

You can use the lolbuilder at the icanhazcheezburger.com website too, to add text.

olavf
    Participant

So long as it’s limited to the three options, it sounds good to me.

mopsy
    Participant

I’m lost here. Could someone give an example for this theme?

orionid
    Participant

Can we add one-word descriptors like “epic” or “geometry.”

linguine
    Participant

I’m lost here. Could someone give an example for this theme?

Heres some fail picture examples

Or you could always just check out the failblog, it looks rather promising for ideas – http://failblog.org/

mopsy
    Participant

What a riot! This should be fun!

linguine
    Participant

I think you mean

olavf
    Participant

Thanks linguine. Now I’m going to have to watch The Final Countdown instead of taking shots for tomorrow this evening.

zeke
    Participant

Posting normal pictures and typing the caption above/below was the original intent, but it might be funnier to PS it into the image itself. Thoughts?

Thats fine, but as olavf suggested, photoshopping must be limited to only one of the three options. For that matter, any captions in the posted should also be limited to one of the three. The point of the event is to focus on the comedy of the picture, not to wax eloquent. OBO notations are also ok.

zeke
    Participant

I’d rather not– its more difficult to police. Keep it simple. If it’s truly an epic fail, or refers to something, the picture should speak for itself with only the basic caption.

orionid
    Participant

I’d rather not– its more difficult to police. Keep it simple. If it’s truly an epic fail, or refers to something, the picture should speak for itself with only the basic caption.

Gotcha. No worries, I just have one that’s a little subtle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)
  • The topic ‘12-02-09 – Win, Fail, or’ is closed to new replies.