12-09-09 – Low Key

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-09-09 – Low Key

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, orionid

U-Man: lol I wouldn’t want to be *too* predictable 😉 And belly dancing is correct, though I prefer Middle Eastern dance, myself.

QueenBee: hmm not sure why that dropped, but it’s been restored. However, I did notice that the file size is over 180k, so it’s possible it could drop again.

soosh
    Participant

wow, there are some phenomenal shots tonight.

orionid your projected words photo is fucking awesome.

I’m No Big Deal I love your self portrait and we have similar beards

SilverStag, U-Man, Elsinore, corsec67, olavf, etc damn. Why do we have day jobs?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, soosh 🙂

Also, Megain, your self-portrait and orionid, your projected word photo are both broken/not loading. Megain’s dropped into the ether, but I restored it in the hopes that smugmug will sort things out soon. orionid’s hasn’t dropped yet, so I’m hoping his host will start loading the image soon. I have some errands to run this morning, but I’ll check the thread as often as I can to make sure your photos are still there/restored…

Megain
    Participant

I hope Megain read and/or notices that his original entry was restored…

I noticed. Naturally, I noticed well after I had already deleted the photo. It never occurred to me that I had to go back and make sure my post was still deleted before getting rid of the image that was disqualified. Now I know.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Given you were reading the thread for the discussion at the time, I figured you would see what was going on and not delete the image. I’m sorry.

corsec67
    Participant

SilverStag, U-Man, Elsinore, corsec67, olavf, etc damn. Why do we have day jobs?

There is definitely an amazing amount of talent here, and it is in getting a large variety of images to fit different themes.

I don’t have a day job, but I am a full time student. Thus, no money, and I am on the wrong side of the world from where I took my more popular picture tonight of the model.

Plus, if I made photography my job it might not be as fun as a hobby any more. I do find time to take pictures of Train station lights and the odd Japanese school girl

Oronid did the shot I was kind of working for with my self portrait, but I didn’t have any cigarettes.

This theme is just amazing, it is most definitely an insta-classic.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Thanks soosh. It was actually an afterthought. When I finished shooting the JD bottle I put the light under my face and shot. Wasn’t planning on using it but it looked pretty cool even though the DOF is a tad off.
    I made it B&W because I didn’t like the color version…
    (now with more ginger beard)

orionid
    Participant

Thanks, soosh! That means alot after having seen some of the stuff that comes from your camera.

And thanks for looking out, Elsinore. It seems to be an intermittent problem, but anytime I right-click and show picture, it loads right up. I even cleared my cache first to try fresh. Wierd.

Nice stuff all around, everybody!

SilverStag
    Participant

wow, there are some phenomenal shots tonight.

orionid your projected words photo is fucking awesome.

I’m No Big Deal I love your self portrait and we have similar beards

If there were any damn money in it, I wouldn’t have a day job.

But thanks for the recognition; it means a lot, given the source.

cameraflage
    Participant

I will be so glad when all this Xmas BS is over with and I can spend a little more time on my own photography than having to deal with other people’s crappy images.

(Yes, I work in a photo lab. No, you cannot get ten 12×18 gallery-wrapped canvas prints by Monday.)

orionid
    Participant

Elsinore, my 2009-12-09 09:10:25 PM entry (Clockwork Lego)is deleted: broken image. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I seriously don’t know what’s up with my host right now, I’ve never really had problems with them before. Anyone else having issues with godaddy?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it. I’m still not seeing it load, so I don’t know if it will stay or not. Hopefully godaddy will get their stuff together!

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I was doing some troubleshooting on this end, looks like my whole site is down now. I can’t even log in via ftp . I’ll keep an on it, though. Thanks.

/Edited cuz bbcode thought “ftp” was a url.

olavf
    Participant

Thanks soosh. Personally I’m still learning, and trying to figure out where I want to go… But, like SilverStag said, if there were money in it…

Someday I’d like to get together a gallery showing someplace local. Who knows, maybe by next summer I’ll have enough pieces to start schlepping around to see if anyone bites. It’s a dream, anyway.

For now, I’m trying to do my own stuff, and also keep up with the contests. I like being pulled in directions I wouldn’t normally go, or think of shots in ways I wouldn’t normally think of them. Y’all inspire me to keep trying, and try new things too.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks from me too, soosh.

My day job let’s me buy good lenses and other camera stuff I don’t need but really want. Plus it’s really hard and rewarding; so I plan to do it for a while longer. Like others have written, I’m a bit afraid that if photography were my job, it wouldn’t be as much fun.

Change o’ topic. – Earlier tonight, my wife and I were going through the pics in this theme. She and I agree that the Marlboro Man is numero uno. It captures the essence of the theme really well. She saw it and said, “I like that one. It looks like the Marl… Hey! That’s the title.” 🙂

Then we went further and saw some dude’s pics of mining ruins. She commented that there was some other fool who likes photographing dirty abandoned stuff like I do. Then she said, “Oh. It’s soosh. He’s kinda crazy isn’t he?”. I said, “Yeah. Kinda. I think he’s smart and crazy”. 🙂 (I had to google ‘magnesium ribbon’. Neat stuff. Is it fun? I mean, like, mildly dangerous fire-stuff fun?)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • The topic ‘12-09-09 – Low Key’ is closed to new replies.