12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

Can they be nightmares? I can think of a repeated nightmare when I was a kid that I think I could reproduce for the camera.

orionid
    Participant

Can they be nightmares? I can think of a repeated nightmare when I was a kid that I think I could reproduce for the camera.

Absolutely!

geom_00
    Participant

Does diorama mode do a fake tilt-shift miniature effect on whatever you’re shooting? If so, that wouldn’t be ok for Farktography even if it’s in-camera. It’s selectively blurring parts of the image in in-camera post-processing, which also wouldn’t be allowed if it were regular post-processing.

Understood.

You hit the nail on the head. I believe the camera WOULD do that.

Oh well.

QueenBee
    Participant

I rarely remember my dreams..short of the one reoccurring nightmare I’ve had for years now..but I’d have no way to recreate that…

can it be stuff I dream of when I’m awake? I need to go find me some good looking guys to photograph… 😛

clouddancer
    Participant

The one idea I had, or thought I had, my husband said was weak, so I’m not sure if I’ll do it. Y’know, map of the U.S. with pushpins representing places to go/see…. I really want to do something, but everything I can think of to photograph, if I had it (or the situation) to photograph, it’d be real, not a dream any more.

Kestrana
    Participant

Since orionid is doing Official Military Stuff today, I can say that dreams can include aspirations both fanciful and real, recreations of dreams come true, day dreams and night dreams. All are valid.

SaintOfKillers
    Participant

Photograph dream like photos or something that you dream about. Image may be as realistic or fanciful as you like as long as it meets all other farktography guidelines.
    vs You should strive to keep your results in the realm of the realistic. Cartoonish results from turning the saturation up to 3000, selective coloring (we can see your boyfriend’s pretty green eyes without turning everything else black and white), and the use of “artistic” filters that turn your photos into paintings or drawings are not what we’re going for here. Such use of these otherwise acceptable tools is discouraged and may subject your photograph to disqualification.

I’m wanting to up saturation to really get the effect of my dream, but it works … okay …. without doing it. Rules interpretation… can we punch the saturation way up on this contest?

Kestrana
    Participant

I believe the guideline regarding over-saturation would be considered one of those “other farktography guidelines” your photo should conform to. This doesn’t mean you can’t adjust saturation on your photo, it just shouldn’t result in overly unrealistic or cartoonish images.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I concur ^^

orionid
    Participant

What they said ^ ^

Saying “as fanciful as you like” was mostly to spur people into thinking outside the box. Costumes, props, various methods of filters (vaseline and food color, soap bubbles), soft focus, redscale, etc.

SaintOfKillers
    Participant

Honestly, it doesn’t make it unrealistic, but it completely changes what you see in the photo… and changes it from mundane to a reoccurring nitemare for me >.>

I think I’ll post original exposure w/ voting and my too oft repeated demise w/o voting.

ravnostic
    Participant

I had cherry blossoms of ideas, but from my results, there was an early frost. My entries will be archival, and probably pretty weak. Like the theme, but I don’t have the skills to execute properly.

orionid
    Participant

I had cherry blossoms of ideas, but from my results, there was an early frost. My entries will be archival, and probably pretty weak. Like the theme, but I don’t have the skills to execute properly.

Think about what you wanted to do as a kid. Make a faux interpretation, capture that.

an example from one of my ideas I didn’t use would be making a letter on NASA letterhead congratulating me on acceptance into the astronaut corps. Or Curious‘s Rolling Stone cover from The song remains.

ennuipoet
    Participant

To tell the truth, I had several ideas and didn’t get a chance to shoot a single one of them in the holiday press. My life would be so much easier if I:
    A) Had a photo studio replete with props
    B) Did not have a full time job
    C) A Time Machine
    D) All of the Above.

I dove into the archives and pulled out some very bizarre shots and decided to make a little dream story. Meh.

Anyone who has any of the above and wants to share with me, I wouldn’t turn it down.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Anyone who has any of the above and wants to share with me, I wouldn’t turn it down.

Awesome! I have a full-time job that I’d love to share with someone! When can you start? 🙂

I’m in the same boat as most of you. Had a few ideas, executed one of them somewhat poorly, now outta time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • The topic ‘12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come’ is closed to new replies.