12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    zincprincess
    Participant

I take it that magic window for cooperative kids is somewhere between 5 and 14. My 4-year old is pretty uncooperative when it comes to posing. Lately, she’s been a little better because I have been taking pictures of things rather than her. If I’m taking too many pictures of things, she’ll pose and say “take a picture of me”.

olavf
    Participant

Usually what works best for us is explaining the contest, and the concept of the photos we want to them. They’re as weird as we are, and usually ‘get’ the idea we’re going for.

The biggest problem I have is with the older girl. For whatever reason, the camera does *not* want to focus on her. For example, I took about 100 shots yesterday morning at my buddy’s pond hockey game. Got some really awesome shots. All of them sharp as a tack. Except the ones of her. For whatever reason the camera kept wanting to focus *over there*. And it’s not the first time this has happened 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to olavf this week!

ravnostic
    Participant

For whatever reason, the camera does *not* want to focus on her….Got some really awesome shots. All of them sharp as a tack. Except the ones of her. For whatever reason the camera kept wanting to focus *over there*.

Oh, I have family members for which I’d LOVE to have this problem!! Somehow, the ugly ones in my tree always come out sharp as a tack, requiring much p’shopping to remove moles and warts, and add in missing teeth. 🙁

//joking!

///Not joking.

////congrats on the win!

olavf
    Participant

For whatever reason, the camera does *not* want to focus on her….Got some really awesome shots. All of them sharp as a tack. Except the ones of her. For whatever reason the camera kept wanting to focus *over there*.

Oh, I have family members for which I’d LOVE to have this problem!! Somehow, the ugly ones in my tree always come out sharp as a tack, requiring much p’shopping to remove moles and warts, and add in missing teeth. 🙁

//joking!

///Not joking.

You need to tell them that it’s called ‘soft-focus’ and it’s an artistic technique. All the best avant-garde portraiteurs are doing that these days…

////congrats on the win!

Thanks!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats, olavf! IIRC, you’ve been on a bit of a streak lately, haven’t you?

orionid, congrats on the 2nd, but don’t you think half those votes should go to kestrana? 🙂

I don’t know if you’ll check in here or not, trentchau, but I can’t believe your Daughter of Morpheus didn’t do better than it did. It must’ve been the thumb size. My honest first thought when I popped it larger was, “Good grief, I’ve got to compete with THIS?!?”

Speaking of streaks, that was my 5th in a row where I had a top ten. I am, as the kids say (or at least used to), stoked! Anybody got a sling? I think I might’ve sprained something patting myself on the back. 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

Anybody got a sling? I think I might’ve sprained something patting myself on the back. 🙂

<–Has a sling.

//not the one to which you refer. 😆

olavf
    Participant

Congrats, olavf! IIRC, you’ve been on a bit of a streak lately, haven’t you?[/b]

It’s been back-and-forth. A couple of weeks ago, I had one of the worst contests in at least a year, too. I’m hoping I’m out of the slump I’ve been in overall though.
    /we’ll see what happens next week though

Speaking of streaks, that was my 5th in a row where I had a top ten. I am, as the kids say (or at least used to), stoked! Anybody got a sling? I think I might’ve sprained something patting myself on the back. 🙂

Awesome!

<–Has a sling.

//not the one to which you refer. Laughing

Thanks for the visual, Borat 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • The topic ‘12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come’ is closed to new replies.