12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I’ve got a small-ish studio (8×10′) but I’m lacking in props as well.. I need to hit up Amazon and see if I get lucky, but that one’s going to require a location, and preferably a little while without rain 😛

I do have one idea that’s do-able, but I suspect I won’t be the only one doing it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’ve got a small-ish studio (8×10′) but I’m lacking in props as well.. I need to hit up Amazon and see if I get lucky, but that one’s going to require a location, and preferably a little while without rain 😛

I do have one idea that’s do-able, but I suspect I won’t be the only one doing it.

Does it require an energy drink and your bedroom! 😆

olavf
    Participant

LOL! Considering how the shot I took for ‘If it splits, it fits’ did, probably not. Unless Drew Barrymore starts returning my phone calls, anyway.

/unless y’all are having fantasies about my wife too… NTTAWWT, but…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

It’s so nice to hear everybody’s having the same problems I am. I have a really detailed dream journal, but after reading through it I realized that nothing in it is really photographable without significant non-farktography-legal methods. Time to dive into the archives, I guess.

wrayvynn
    Participant

Dude, how to stage the Apocalypse in a pinch? I need to go find a zombie walk or something.

olavf
    Participant

Did you try crossing the streams?

Kestrana
    Participant

For the idea-challenged here’s my list of things I’m not using:

I Dream of Jeannie
    Dreamsicles
    Martin Luther’s I Have a Dream
    Dreams by The Cranberries
    Lucid Dreaming
    Freud
    Bierce’s “Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge”
    Nightmare on Elm Street
    “The American Dream”
    “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
    “Do Andriods Dream of Electric sheep?”
    “Requiem for a Dream”
    Tangerine Dream

Hopefully that might help spark some ideas.

Uranus
    Participant

not so short on ideas, but seriously lacking in execution….another round of fail, I suspect

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I believe the guideline regarding over-saturation would be considered one of those “other farktography guidelines” your photo should conform to. This doesn’t mean you can’t adjust saturation on your photo, it just shouldn’t result in overly unrealistic or cartoonish images.

How does everyone feel about blur, if it’s applied to the photo as a whole and not selectively? The effect I’m playing with results in a dreamy, non-cartoonish image that’s photographically possible, just not what was originally captured. I know, I know, I’m not proud to be even asking about using it, but I’m down to the wire with next to nothing this week. 🙁

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’m down to the wire with next to nothing this week. 🙁

Sit back, close your eyes, let your mind drift aimlessly. Then, reach out with your hand and open your archives. Without leaving your dream state pick three photographs at random.

1) Post.
    2.)?
    3.) Profit

There, dream photography!

ravnostic
    Participant

Sit back, close your eyes, let your mind drift aimlessly. Then, reach out with your hand and open your archives. Without leaving your dream state pick three photographs at random.

1) Post.
    2.)?
    3.) Profit

There, dream photography!

This is about what I did, and now that I’m looking, I’m not dissatisfied with my choices. I’m up to “1)Post”. We’ll see about the 2 and the 3 later.

😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I believe the guideline regarding over-saturation would be considered one of those “other farktography guidelines” your photo should conform to. This doesn’t mean you can’t adjust saturation on your photo, it just shouldn’t result in overly unrealistic or cartoonish images.

How does everyone feel about blur, if it’s applied to the photo as a whole and not selectively? The effect I’m playing with results in a dreamy, non-cartoonish image that’s photographically possible, just not what was originally captured. I know, I know, I’m not proud to be even asking about using it, but I’m down to the wire with next to nothing this week. 🙁

I’m not a fan if used for that type of purpose. Some anti-noise software use blur to smooth noise, and that would be fair, but just blurring an image is a little different.

geom_00
    Participant

I know this will be giving away my idea. And, yes…I am going with cheesy again.

Does anyone know how to make sugar plums…FAST?

The recipie calls for several hours in an oven

ravnostic
    Participant

I know this will be giving away my idea. And, yes…I am going with cheesy again.

Does anyone know how to make sugar plums…FAST?

The recipie calls for several hours in an oven

Don’t know about the sugar plums, but I know where you can get a fairy, fast.

//raises hand [pick me! pick me!]

olavf
    Participant

Sorry man, I’m still working on the sun-god robes and the thousand naked women :/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • The topic ‘12-29-10 – What Dreams May This Way Come’ is closed to new replies.