Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

I’d still like to give this a go.

Well, one big thing I think we need is a list of Farktographers that are willing to put pictures in this book, and documents or whatever it would take to make that possible: licensing the pictures to appear in the book.

Then we can choose the images, and get someone or a group to lay it out.

/IANAL, nor have I made a photobook
    //Nor do I have much desktop publishing experience

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

Hey, we could do any worse than Passive-Aggressive Notes.

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/the-book

I say go for it and count me in.

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

Hey, we could do any worse than Passive-Aggressive Notes.

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/the-book

I say go for it and count me in.

Umm, COULDN’T that is.

Uranus
    Participant

I’d still like to give this a go.

herewith my OK, if you could find a single pic of mine worth using, subject to the standard single use and “my name on the pic” clauses…

RcMacStudent
    Participant

here with my OK, if you could find a single pic of mine worth using, subject to the standard single use and “my name on the pic” clauses…

Ditto.

orionid
    Participant

Same as the last guy. Also, I ordered several coffe table books from mpix last year as christmas gifts, that came out with pretty good quality. If I recall, a cover photo was not an option, but that may have changed. Only thing was, with the options I chose (extra pages, high gloss, silver embossed title) it ran me just under $50 a book. Love the concept though.

Count me in if any of my photos are considered worthwile.

olavf
    Participant

I’d be down for this. Might even have some time to help out.
    /just PLEEEEASE don’t ask me to spearhead anything 😛

thepostess
    Participant

Is this idea dead in the water, or is anyone still interested in doing this?

lokisbong
    Participant

You can use any of my pictures as long as I get due credit. I will probably fall over dead from shock if any of mine get chosen but I’m in.

jpatten
    Participant

As long as credited I would allow mine to be used though I reserve the right to not allow specific images.

olavf
    Participant

As long as credited I would allow mine to be used though I reserve the right to not allow specific images.

I’m good with all of mine (well, except for the ones that suck). A couple of them would need permission from the model though, but I suspect she’d be game.

Kestrana
    Participant

I have also published books through blurb.com and they turned out great. Once the images are chosen, putting them together in a logical and appealing layout is relatively simple, publication is fast and you can use your own book store web page to sell copies.

olavf
    Participant

Even if none of my stuff made the cut, I’m still up for helping out.

orionid
    Participant

So here’s a thought…. How about a new thread where everybody picks their two or three favorites shots evar from other farktographers that have given their consent. Once we have a pool of nominees, it’s a matter of one or two people running the show for finding a good publisher at a decent price. Then we vote on the top however many photos to actually be included. Possibly one of the drop-ship style publishers where you can let your friends order at cost.

Just thinking a bit…..

millera9
    Participant

I like that idea orionid, but I would suggest a larger number of choices (6? 10?). I can think of three photos from each regular participant that I would want to include! Also, if we get this thread going, maybe we could get a sponsored link on the fark mainpage to get people to come over and add their opinions, even if they’re not regular participants?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.’ is closed to new replies.