Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Viewing 13 posts - 316 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

I-want-a-bio-but-I’m-too-new-damn-it!

I’m up for some proof reading, if you’d like to throw me a copy to browse through.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Hey Kes, I can proof read for you. Let me know.

/wishes I was a farktographer before the contribution deadline

ravnostic
    Participant

Wow for whatever reason this thread never showed up orange for me:

Essayists: linguine, ravnostic PLEASE write something, get it to me by tomorrow. I need to turn a draft in to Drew tomorrow and I need more text.

By tomorrow[/i]!! 😯 But…it’s a worknight! I will bust my arse to get something put together. Good thing I had 4 years of essay skewling and 3 years of writing humorous or sometimes poignant blogs to fall back upon!

But I may need an editor… 😛 I usually like to sleep on it and re-review in the morning, but that’s not going to be possible here.

linguine
    Participant

Wow for whatever reason this thread never showed up orange for me:

Essayists: linguine, ravnostic PLEASE write something, get it to me by tomorrow. I need to turn a draft in to Drew tomorrow and I need more text.

By tomorrow[/i]!! 😯 But…it’s a worknight! I will bust my arse to get something put together. Good thing I had 4 years of essay skewling and 3 years of writing humorous or sometimes poignant blogs to fall back upon!

But I may need an editor… 😛 I usually like to sleep on it and re-review in the morning, but that’s not going to be possible here.

We can each write 10 sentences, put them together by alternating our sentences and call it an essay.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’ll be happy to proof-read.

Anything to contribute, as I’m too late to get pix in.

I’ll also see if I can rustle up a bugdozer.

ravnostic
    Participant

Phew. The 30 minute essay has been sent, Kes, to the farktographybook gmail address. Let me know if you need a revision; I’ll get to it on the flip side of my shift (9am your time or there abouts) if necc.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I can proofread if you still need someone.

nobigdeal
    Participant

This just oranged up for me too!! There’s no way I can get a bio written tonight so I guess I’m SOL.

Kestrana
    Participant

I realized as I was .pdfing it that I don’t have anywhere to host the file anymore and orionid is out for the evening. I’ll see if he can host the file for me tomorrow for proofreaders. I know there’s some issues with photos not aligning all the way to the margin, so you can note that but I’m aware of it. It just takes a really long time to export to .pdf so I didn’t go back and correct it right now because I know I’ll have other corrects to make.

Also aware index has no numbers because that will only be done when everything else is done.

ravnostic
    Participant

I can host, Kes if you don’t find anyone else. I’ll have to either dig up or remember my login to let you in (I’ve had it buffered in Filezilla so long I fergot–but it should be one of 5 or 6 ‘usual’ ones I keep), but there’s plenty of room and bandwidth. IIRC, I never can seem to just open a pdf in a browser and have it format correctly; I always have to save as, and open it from within (but then, I didn’t have Elements back in the day, and it comes with the fuller Adobe reader).

Killerclaw
    Participant

Whoa this took on a life of its own after I left. Did this become a thing? ?

orionid
    Participant

IIRC, Kes has a finished file on her computer that was waiting for Drew/Drew’s publicist’s blessing to make it Fark official. Plan B was to make it a blurb book just for us. She doesn’t frequent here anymore, but I can get ahold of her IRL and see if she’s still got the files.

Lovesandwich
    Participant

It would be nice to see the book completed. Lots of good memories in there.

Viewing 13 posts - 316 through 328 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.’ is closed to new replies.