Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    wrayvynn
    Participant

http://www.savethetatas.com/index.php/contribute/

The well being of boobies is something every Farker should be willing to support. 😉

linguine
    Participant

I’d be willing to help with proofreading. Also do we still need essays from all of these areas or just some of them?
    1. Why you participate in farktography/what farktography means to you
    2. Why you take photographs/what photography means to you
    3. What draws you as a photo/farktographer to one or more of these categories of subject matter:
    – Nature
    – Places/Architecture
    – Vivid color
    – Animals
    – Dark/Abandoned/Disturbing
    – Serious/Portraiture/Emotional
    – Humorous
    – Using technical expertise to create a great shot

Kestrana
    Participant

I’m more looking for essays in the categories of #1 or #3 (aside from Nature, that’s pretty well covered).

kashari
    Participant

Is it too late to submit our short biographies? If not, would it be possible to see a couple for examples? I’m not sure what we should include in it.

Kestrana
    Participant

It is not too late. A biography can be something like this:

CJ Buckwalter hails from Chicago, Illinois. She developed an interest in photography while looking for a hobby that would be able to withstand her jet-setting lifestyle. Her favorite style of photography is macro flower photography and she hopes to pass on her giant antique camera collection to a museum some day.

Or something like that.

kyleclicks
    Participant

Just checking in. How’s the book progressing?

Looking through the pdf proof from before, I just wanted to make sure you received the version of the pic I sent without the copyright text on it for use, as well as my real name for credit.

I like how things look in the pdf. Way cool.

Kyle

Kestrana
    Participant

Kyle-

Yes I got your files. I haven’t dropped all the large files into the .pdf yet as I still have some layout decisions to make and photos to drop from people who didn’t want to participate or we couldn’t track down.

Right now I’m waiting for Drews agent to find us a publisher. No idea on when that will happen but we’re working on it.

SoCalChris
    Participant

I just realized the other day that I never sent the hi res picture and other documents that were requested for the book. Is it to late to send that info? If not, could someone please resend the request to me at chris (at) ocmit (dot) com.

Thanks,
    SoCalChris

Kestrana
    Participant

It’s not too late. I’ll send it out to you this weekend when I’m able to use the computer with that info on it.

Kestrana
    Participant

Just an update on the book – Drew’s agent is currently soliciting publishers. His earliest estimate was this week but could be awhile longer. Probably not likely to hear anything until after the Vegas Fark Party since that’s currently eating up a lot of their time and energy. As soon as I know anything more, I will update you all.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Cool thanks for the update!

Soooo behind and know I need to get you stuff

Farktographer
    Participant

I know I’m very new here, but I’d love to contribute if I can. If you still need proofreaders, that’s something I could handle 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks Farktographer, I’ll add you to the list of volunteers. We won’t be doing any of that stuff until we have actual deadlines (and find out what kind of changes the publisher wants to make, if any) but I appreciate the interest!

Kestrana
    Participant

Updated layout: still need to drop photos that we havent made contacts with and some that people requested dropped, fix the frame on one photo but otherwise should be current

http://www.kestrana.com/Farkbookv4.pdf

Kestrana
    Participant

Also some of you like No Big Deal , soosh, Elsinore owe me forms still…

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.’ is closed to new replies.