Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

TBH I haven’t checked the farkbook email in a bit. RL has been busy. I’ll probably get to it today or Friday.

Kestrana
    Participant

Ok so I finally got back into the Farktographybook email today. Between work and starting wedding planning I’ve been a little distracted. Sorry for the delay in replies to a few of you. All the edits have been noted and I’ll get on that later today.

I think at this point if we haven’t been able to get in touch with an individual we will have to cut their photos. I don’t plan to add many more photos to the book but I did want to open up the opportunity if there is anyone who wasn’t included and was participating during or prior to the latest theme in the book (May 2010) that we can select a picture that would fit in an appropriate theme to include them.

Klahanie/GalleyWench was already suggested. Anyone else?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Don’t think he’s in there, but can’t remember–what about Logomancer?

Kestrana
    Participant

Logomancer is in there, he originally asked not to include his fark handle with his credit but recently just messaged me asking to add it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Gotcha. And cool!

Kestrana
    Participant

Farktography Book samples were accepted and Drew is sending them to the agent today!

ravnostic
    Participant

Farktography Book samples were accepted and Drew is sending them to the agent today!

Yippie! 😀

Curious
    Participant

if the Farkbookv3.pdf you linked to before is the most recent version/what Drew got then my RL name didn’t get added on page 84. not that it’s a big deal.

i’m glad it’s moving along.

Kestrana
    Participant

What was sent in was just the sample the agent is shopping to the publisher. Of the actual book it’s only chapter 1.

Curious
    Participant

well if we have Drew’s agent at least the book won’t be a vanity printing. i’m looking forward to it. i’m getting quote credits in a book due out …. haven’t been told when that’s coming out either. but all i’m getting is to talk about my grandmother who was a famous radio writer. not much ego massaging in that.

Kestrana
    Participant

Exciting news today! The agent loves the book sample and has guaranteed we will either find a publisher or be able to self-publish. The advance is estimated at 25-30K. Assuming about 5k for our party, that’s 20-25k for charity!

This also means I have to complete a finished copy of the book so if you think or know you owe me anything (forms, files, bios) please try to get that to me by the end of December. Starting next week I will be attempting to totally complete chapters and fix any outstanding mistakes.

I need a couple volunteers to proofread the final draft.

I still need essays about what Farktography/photography means to you or other photo related meanderings. I need about 6 more.

That’s all for now.

QueenBee
    Participant

That is freakin’ awesome! Do we have specific charities chosen already? Regardless, that is fantastic news and I’m thrilled the agent loves it. I’d be happy to do some proofreading for you providing I’m not the only one 🙂

cameraflage
    Participant

I need a couple volunteers to proofread the final draft.

I’m up to Chapter 14, “Ranger Joe Switches to Nikon”, of my bio, but I can probably find some time to do some proofreading. Let me know via email or FB since I don’t troll the forum much.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’m available for proofs…I can also write some shiat As for charities, I propose we choose something related to eyesight/vision, such as an eye bank or blindness research institute. It fits nicely with the whole photography thing! 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

We will need ideas for the charities, yes.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.’ is closed to new replies.