Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I do have a concern with ‘By the Numbers’ lumped in with ‘Humorous’. Three of them are, three aren’t and one (first place) is kind of on the fence between the two. I can’t offer any suggestions for better placement. I wish I could. But it’s an observation. I like my ‘PO Box’ shot, but how does it fit into humorous? I like (really, I love) U-Man’s Chevy sign, but it’s not funny either. OTOH, ‘Wiz Judge’ and QueenBee’s nod to THGTTU are quite funny.

I dunno. I’m just saying.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I had an email for vicejay, so I sent him a message. And I messaged swampa re: sclark5150 because I know they’re rl friends.

Kestrana
    Participant

I do have a concern with ‘By the Numbers’ lumped in with ‘Humorous’. Three of them are, three aren’t and one (first place) is kind of on the fence between the two. I can’t offer any suggestions for better placement. I wish I could. But it’s an observation. I like my ‘PO Box’ shot, but how does it fit into humorous? I like (really, I love) U-Man’s Chevy sign, but it’s not funny either. OTOH, ‘Wiz Judge’ and QueenBee’s nod to THGTTU are quite funny.

I dunno. I’m just saying.

Part of the reason it went in that chapter was to keep the average number of pictures and thus pages in each chapter balanced. The only other chapters it can move to and keep that balance are “Serious” or “Colorful”, neither of which fit either.

If you look at every picture in the book, some will fit multiple chapters others don’t seem to fit so well into the chapter they are in but it’s about the overall cohesiveness of the book as a finished product.

ravnostic
    Participant

Kind of like your ‘Combo’ theme suggestion. I’m glad you’re in charge of this and not I. So long as you correct the spelling of my name (family pride=book sales), I’ll be good. I love the layout overall. And my mom–my techno-illiterate, non-computer friendly, couldn’t-post-a-picture-if-her-life-depended-upon-it mom, is now asking me how she can get into the farktography gig.

*shudders*

Oh, well; I’ll at least have her vote. And she’s good for at least one copy of 5K.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yes I already corrected the error in spelling on your name. When people have pointed out mistakes I correct them right away so I don’t forget. Plus there will be at least two people looking at the proofs with the master file of everyone’s fark handle/ name / photo titles to make sure they are correct before it goes anywhere out of my control.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Went through the list with Mel and sent emails out to a boatload of people, and they’re starting to respond saying they’ll email you. There were a couple emails that bounced completely that I’ll have to see if Mel can dig up another addy on, but hopefully you’ll be getting some responses in the next few days.

Kestrana
    Participant

Already got a bunch, thanks so much!

cameraflage
    Participant

Holy Haleakala, the layout looks great!

Kestrana
    Participant

updated layout: http://www.kestrana.com/Farkbookv3.pdf

Already aware that Cuddly title page credits are incorrect, will be fixed next iteration

lokisbong
    Participant

Man! That looks great to me.you are doin an awesome job Kestrana. thank you very much.

SilverStag
    Participant

Psst! Heya Kestrana. the Roswell photo is supposed to be “Sunrise”, not Sunset.

Curious
    Participant

updated layout: http://www.kestrana.com/Farkbookv3.pdf

Already aware that Cuddly title page credits are incorrect, will be fixed next iteration

looking good. when can we expect to be able to buy this? i’d love to give it for Christmas gift(s).

Kestrana
    Participant

I’ll get that Silverstag thanks.

And Curious plan on Christmas 2011 then because I don’t think we’ll be ready for Christmas this year. I’m just hoping now that I get it done before my wedding 😛

LeicaLens
    Participant

Wedding?
    Congratulations!

Curious
    Participant

And Curious plan on Christmas 2011 then because I don’t think we’ll be ready for Christmas this year. I’m just hoping now that I get it done before my wedding 😛

you aren’t supposed to congratulate the bride so __________ (fill in the blank). i’m happy you’re happy.

and i’ll think of something else to give this year.

BTW did you get my email re name?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.’ is closed to new replies.