01-26-11 – Weather

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-26-11 – Weather

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

hmmm…need to draw a mental line for myself… Due to weeks of constant rain and associated meteorological crappiness I have 3 shots set up and ready to take that I would submit just for shits and giggles, seeing as they would undoubtedly crater in the voting.

Is the association with weather as opposed to the phenomena themselves acceptable? ie.: see pic and immediately know it says “rain” without any water being involved?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Updated the theme description with the clarifying statements.

Uranus
    Participant

awwww, crap! off to the archives!

Thanks for the help, Elsinore !

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Kestrana might actually answer your specific question more thoroughly–your photo may qualify. But the difficulty still requires a different type of weather for each photo.

Kestrana
    Participant

Can you give a more specific example? I don’t want to outright say no, but I’m not exactly thinking of anything that would fit the theme and your description.

Uranus
    Participant

You know I like all things spicy, so I have a jar of tiny peri-peri’s. I put one next to a ruler, added magnifying glass, and it was “A little chilly”…and then it descends to lunacy for the next couple. 😳

I actually dumped the ideas because the theme description is actually admirably clear, and I decided it wouldn’t really be in the spirit of the contest. It was all a bit too otherwise ( do Americans actually use that phrase?), much like me 🙄

Kestrana
    Participant

Ah, very clever but not really where this contest was going. I’m sure you can come up with a use for it in another contest though!

orionid
    Participant

Classic: Word Play II – II Literal?

Uranus
    Participant

Classic: Word Play II – II Literal?

*prays for sudden, late season blizzard so he can snort some snow*

anyway, orionid, you’re partly to blame for this flurry of ideas after the wind remark. Yes, i had a few peeps and an elevator ready to go….

linguine
    Participant

Of course the one time Maryland’s weather isn’t constantly changing is leading up to this contest and I’ve been stuck with boring overcast days.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, I’m going to have to fall back on the archives for this one as well. All of the interesting stuff will be coming up in a few months. Right now it’s nothing but gray.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Yeah, I’m going to have to fall back on the archives for this one as well. All of the interesting stuff will be coming up in a few months. Right now it’s nothing but gray.

Same goes for me, pretty much. On top of that, I haven’t had time to get out and shoot recently.
    Still, I have a couple of decent ones in the archives that might do okay. Problem is, they both show the same type of weather.

millera9
    Participant

Paging chakalakasp. chakalakasp, you are needed in the farktography thread.

If you’re not sure what or who I’m talking about, go type that name into the FSM.

orionid
    Participant

Paging chakalakasp. chakalakasp, you are needed in the farktography thread.

If you’re not sure what or who I’m talking about, go type that name into the FSM.

Good call
    I forgot about his epic storm-cell shots.

U-Man
    Participant

That dude rocks. Lots of HDR stuff. Did he outgrow us?

(btw – that’s a non-judgmental question. I’m sure there is ‘beyond farktography’. 🙂 )

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘01-26-11 – Weather’ is closed to new replies.