01-26-11 – Weather

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-26-11 – Weather

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

If you want to exclude auroras and space-based phenomena, we may want to add a clarifying statement in the description since scientists do refer to “space weather” and “solar winds”.

…and gastroenterologists a different kind of wind entirely.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Please, no photos of that kind of wind! 😯

orionid
    Participant

Please, no photos of that kind of wind! 😯

*gears turning*

ravnostic
    Participant

Can we consider a high pressure system (i.e., clear skies) weather?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph weather phenomena: sunshine, clouds, rain, snow, fog, wind, lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, sleet, hail, ice, mudslides, flooding and rainbows. Difficulty: each entry must have a different kind of weather.

I’d think clear skies would be included in the sunshine

lokisbong
    Participant

So would something like the drops of rain sitting on an object with no sky in the picture be ok? I have one I would love to use for a rain shot but like I said there is no sky or actual rain falling in the picture.

Kestrana
    Participant

If it’s evidence of any of the forms of weather, I would consider that fair game as long as it’s obvious in the picture what the relationship is.

linguine
    Participant

So something like a shot of people on the beach would work for nice summer weather?

lokisbong
    Participant

Excellent. Thanks Kestrana.

Kestrana
    Participant

So something like a shot of people on the beach would work for nice summer weather?

Well if it’s just some people on the sand I would say no. But if there’s a bright sun that is a prominent feature of the picture in which some hot babes are soaking up rays, then yes that could work.

To clarify:

For pictures in which the main subject isn’t the weather itself, but the evidence of weather, the subject should be directly affected or interacting with the weather – i.e. someone fighting with an umbrella, with hair and clothes windblown or tanning.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And do you want to specifically rule out space based “weather” and phenomena occuring in the outer atmosphere like aurora? Just knowing how things go down….if it isn’t in the theme description, it’s harder to police…

lokisbong
    Participant

so would something like this be cool?

hood with rain sprinkles by lokisbong, on Flickr
    Not the shot I want to use but close.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah Elsinore let’s stick to terrestrial weather this time.

Lokisbong yeah that’s fine.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thank you again.

geom_00
    Participant

Hey all,

Would you all consider this to be “weathery” enough?

Thanks!!

/It needs a little processing…but it’s all I really have, unless sunsets can be considered weather?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘01-26-11 – Weather’ is closed to new replies.