01-26-11 – Weather

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-26-11 – Weather

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

That dude rocks. Lots of HDR stuff. Did he outgrow us?

(btw – that’s a non-judgmental question. I’m sure there is ‘beyond farktography’. 🙂 )

Yeah I think he did a little bit. I still see him posting on flickr every now and then and I know he has had a few of his storm photos published in major magazines, etc. From what I can tell he works as a part-time storm-chaser and ends up posting a lot of photos of the now famous storm-chaser vehicles that are featured on the discovery channel. Not sure if he’s getting paid for that or if it’s just a hobby…

Edit: Here’s a link to one of his public sets. Looks like he got involved in a big project. Doesn’t say who he was/is shooting for. http://www.flickr.com/photos/digicana/sets/72157623078446955/

orionid
    Participant

Whoah. I recognize some of those guys. Six degrees like whoah.

linguine
    Participant

That dude rocks. Lots of HDR stuff. Did he outgrow us?

(btw – that’s a non-judgmental question. I’m sure there is ‘beyond farktography’. 🙂 )

Yeah I think he did a little bit. I still see him posting on flickr every now and then and I know he has had a few of his storm photos published in major magazines, etc. From what I can tell he works as a part-time storm-chaser and ends up posting a lot of photos of the now famous storm-chaser vehicles that are featured on the discovery channel. Not sure if he’s getting paid for that or if it’s just a hobby…

Edit: Here’s a link to one of his public sets. Looks like he got involved in a big project. Doesn’t say who he was/is shooting for. http://www.flickr.com/photos/digicana/sets/72157623078446955/

I remember a year or 2 ago he had a blog or something with a bunch of his photos that made it on fark.

Kestrana
    Participant

If anyone wants some snow please come pick it up at our house. We already got 2 feet 2 weeks ago and we got another 3 inches later that week and 4 inches last week, 3 inches yesterday and it’s been snowing since 10 am today and shows no sign of stopping. Over 50″ in January so far and most of it is still on the ground.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just FYI: I’m going to be otherwise occupied tonight until possibly 9:30 or so Farkistan time, so if there’s something that can’t wait until 9:30 or 10, use the Farkback link, but otherwise I’ll get to it as soon as I’m back online.

Kestrana
    Participant

Farkback: Emergency. Out of beer.

/they probably get that a lot

Morningbreath
    Participant

Paging chakalakasp. chakalakasp, you are needed in the farktography thread.

If you’re not sure what or who I’m talking about, go type that name into the FSM.

here is a link to his site. http://bigstormpicture.com/ good guy, and one of my favorite tfer’s though I don’t see him post very often.

mopsy
    Participant

Morningbreath, that’s a spectacular site. Wow!!!

swampa
    Participant
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Rav: The Puking Rainbow is Full of WIN!

ravnostic
    Participant

Rav: The Puking Rainbow is Full of WIN!

😀 thanks.

But there’s some stiff competition–Mopsy’s fog picture just blows me away. Completely. I haven’t had time to study much else. I want that for my house (and I have nowhere–nowhere–to put it. I don’t care.)

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Yikes, everywhere I look I see spectacular shots!
    I just hope mine don’t stick out like a sore thumb.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok I’m back. Now if I can only find something to post…

U-Man
    Participant

btw – the farktography welcome page doesn’t have the greenlight link yet.

/I’d do it if I could. But I can’t.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

zincprincess, I really like your Aftermath of Snowmaggedon 2010.
    As Rod the Bod said, every picture tells a story, and that one’s a classic if you ask me!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘01-26-11 – Weather’ is closed to new replies.