03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll take the toke for you, lokisbong!

//okay. Maybe it’s not for you. But it’s for someone. Laundry deserves better than this…

staplermofo
    Participant

Good luck lokisbong. That really sucks. I don’t suppose you could get a back-dated prescription.

Curious
    Participant

good luck lokisbong.

on a personal note i got nothing for tonight. my stats must be totally screwed by now but i ceased to care. and am a better person for it. 🙂

Farktographer
    Participant

Ditto good luck, lok – really crappy situation.

soosh
    Participant

good luck lokisbong.

on a personal note i got nothing for tonight. my stats must be totally screwed by now but i ceased to care. and am a better person for it. 🙂

definitely good luck to you, loki. If I had the money to lend you to keep you outta jail, I’d do it, but I’ve got $10 to last me a week.

If I’d known taking a few months off would screw me outta the FSM’s active lists, I probably wouldn’t have done it. I’ve got one for tonight, maybe more after work, maybe not.

cameraflage
    Participant

It’s too bad that the book has to be opened at random. Page 109 of Jared Diamond’s “Collapse” has a great quote about what happened to the inhabitants of Easter Island. It seems they used all their wood to make log roads to haul the giant stone heads around…and didnt use any wood to make fishing boats, so most of the population starved and eventually resorted to warfare and cannibalism. Apparently a popular taunt among the hungry, warring cannibals was “The flesh of your mother sticks between my teeth.”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Being sick for 2 days really put the kabosh on this one for me. I only have one that completely fits the theme of opening the book at random and using that as an inspiration point. So yeah…phoning it in tonight–looking forward to what the rest of you will have.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Being sick for 2 days really put the kabosh on this one for me. I only have one that completely fits the theme of opening the book at random and using that as an inspiration point. So yeah…phoning it in tonight–looking forward to what the rest of you will have.

I decided the second I saw this theme that I would do EXACTLY as instructed…it saved ever so much stress! Will I be brutalized in the voting? Yup! But at least I had fun!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

HA! Funny.

Contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/6982528

nobigdeal
    Participant

I have no inspiration, instant or otherwise and since this is not an archive diveable theme looks like I’m out this week. Legos is not looking promising either. My grandson took all his legos home last summer and I doubt I will get them back in time. Oh well, I was due for a break anyway!

ennuipoet
    Participant
    ennuipoet
    Participant

I have no inspiration, instant or otherwise and since this is not an archive diveable theme looks like I’m out this week. Legos is not looking promising either. My grandson took all his legos home last summer and I doubt I will get them back in time. Oh well, I was due for a break anyway!

I am definitely out for next week, unless I just happen to go to the Lego Store by Rockefeller Center…which I doubt. Just as well, I’ve got to finish Curves and process for Lomo. Will be first theme in ages I haven’t shot anything for…but I can live.

Yugoboy
    Participant

fluffybunny the windmill picture is awesome!

orionid
    Participant

Another unshot B-side from The Southern Angler’s Guide, 1963 Edition:

“Oklahoma” Uhhh……. Why, oh why, couldn’t I have opened to “Virginia?”

Edit: I hope turnout doesn’t affect voting. There’s some gold in there already. Love the windmill, and the parking lot made me lol.

kashari
    Participant

I thought it was ok to archive dive? If not, I’ll only have one rather than three and the horse one I posted should be pulled. I’ll post my new shot and wait for confirmation before doing the other.

Has Plama checked into the thread?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 106 total)
  • The topic ‘03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration’ is closed to new replies.