01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

And the Lord spake, saying, “First shalt thou take off the Holy Lens Cap. Then shalt thou Shoot three subjects, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt shoot, and the number of the subjects shall be three. Four shalt thou not shoot, neither shoot thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then trippest thou thy Holy Shutter release towards thy subjects, who, being focused in your sight, shall be recorded.”

Another quality theme suggestion by SilverStag!

SilverStag
    Participant

In other words, photograph groups of three: people, leaves, locomotives, whatever.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Alas, I could not fit that last bit of “Photograph groups of three” at the end, and I couldn’t expand the field any bigger to allow it. I got to “Photog” or so and ran out of room. Added “subjects” in there a couple other places to try to clarify.

ravnostic
    Participant

YouTubed “5 is right out” and found the clip. It’s been too many years since I’ve watched MP. Didn’t even realize ‘Book of Armaments’ was a play on it, as well. 😳

Now then. Where can I find me 3 holy hand grenades? 😈

Uranus
    Participant

YouTubed “5 is right out” and found the clip. It’s been too many years since I’ve watched MP. Didn’t even realize ‘Book of Armaments’ was a play on it, as well. 😳

orionid‘s closet

ravnostic
    Participant

Kestrana has made it perfectly clear that his closet is off-limits to me. 🙁

orionid
    Participant

orionid‘s closet

*whistles non-chalantly*

ravnostic
    Participant

Back to the three subjects at hand (if you’re missing a couple fingers), need this be three distinct subjects, or a more loose definition? For example, a three story building, a three pronged fork, a three lane road, or three sides of a cube.

Just an FYI, this is ‘vote whoring’ month in the photoshop venue, and the photographer who can get three hot babes in a suggestive pose will, I fear, likely take the contest. (And surely someone will go along those lines, maybe one of linguine‘s b-sides from “What dreams…”)

As an aside, I’m kinda sad “Vote Whoring” didn’t make the January cut for that very reason. I have no proof, but I think ps’ers constitute a good many voters in farktography, as they see our contests alongside their own.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well damn, I missed that they were having a vote whoring contest, too.

ravnostic
    Participant

Apparently, it’s unofficial, but every January. Every contest is littered with boobalicious entries. *meah*.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Actually the whole vote whoring this is less of a photoshop contest and more of a pissing contest between a few shoppers. One of the things I like most about Farktographers is we all more or less like and support one another while photoshoppers tend to lie in wait with high powered weapons for one another. 8)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

…we all more or less like and support one another…

We? WE!?! Who are you to be putting words in my mouth?! Why, I oughta…

j/k of course. 🙂 I like the comraderie around here, too. And I sensed hostility in some recent PS contests. I don’t even wanna know what it’s like behind the scenes there.

Curious
    Participant

Actually the whole vote whoring this is less of a photoshop contest and more of a pissing contest between a few shoppers. One of the things I like most about Farktographers is we all more or less like and support one another while photoshoppers tend to lie in wait with high powered weapons for one another. 8)

for one thing it’s a smaller group. and in general more leeway is allowed. i can’t think of any purists here.

And I sensed hostility in some recent PS contests. I don’t even wanna know what it’s like behind the scenes there.

actually it’s not that bad in the PSAEF.

outside the PSAEF however …. i can’t recall anyone here mentioning that they got death threat email for their entries. more than one photoshopper has had to change their email due to abuse by folks viewing the contests.

what it boils down to is some folks taking the photoshop contests way to seriously.

ravnostic
    Participant

One of the things I like most about Farktographers is we all more or less like and support one another while photoshoppers tend to lie in wait with high powered weapons for one another. 8)

I noticed this over ‘there’. Just now getting into photoshopping (quick and dirty, mostly, but still), and there are some real @rsehats over there. Not all, of course, but enough. I’m now just posting, leaving, and coming back to vote.

It’s much nicer here. 3x [ahem] as nicerly.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

One of the things I like most about Farktographers is we all more or less like and support one another…

This, this, a thousand times this. Please don’t change, folks. kthxbai

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • The topic ‘01-12-11 – Five is Right Out’ is closed to new replies.