01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

Back to the three subjects at hand (if you’re missing a couple fingers), need this be three distinct subjects, or a more loose definition? For example, a three story building, a three pronged fork, a three lane road, or three sides of a cube.

In the original theme topic, I sad “groups of three” which I took to mean 3 cars, three hammers, three boobies (If you can find Eccentrica Gallumbits!) The intent was to have 3 separate items, rather than one item that had a meta-aspect of 3.

ravnostic
    Participant

Okey dokey–that’s why I asked. I haven’t yet taken any pics and didn’t want to waste my time with ‘ones’ of ‘thirds’ that would be ‘right out’. 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. I’m leaning towards not using the photo in question, but in your examples, the subjects are all the same. Is this a requirement or would, say Quarterback, Receiver, and an airborne football count as three?

geom_00
    Participant

In the original theme topic, I sad “groups of three” which I took to mean 3 cars, three hammers, three boobies (If you can find Eccentrica Gallumbits!) The intent was to have 3 separate items, rather than one item that had a meta-aspect of 3.

Using this definition, would The Vietnam Monument “The Three Soliders” work?

This is not the image I plan to use, but you get the idea.

ravnostic
    Participant

…three boobies (If you can find Eccentrica Gallumbits!)

Went shopping for props (Dollar stores are amazingly cheap prop supply warehouses for these contests, BTW). Did not find Eccentrica Gallumbits.

Did come close.

I know I say this nearly every week, but I think I’ve stumbled upon a ‘win’ idea.

I’ll be horribly disappointed if I cannot pull it off.

**wait for it…**

ravnostic
    Participant

…but I think I’ve stumbled upon a ‘win’ idea.

You know, I’m retracting that statement. Subtlety, as I recall, does not bode well for votes in farktography. I’ll still do it, for I likes it, but I won’t pin my hopes upon it.

Curious
    Participant

You know, I’m retracting that statement. Subtlety, as I recall, does not bode well for votes in farktography. I’ll still do it, for I likes it, but I won’t pin my hopes upon it.

if you can’t hit them right between the eyes, in a 640 pixel width, then no votes for you. at least in my experience.

and dollar stores rule for props.

or is that props to the dollar stores?

ravnostic
    Participant

silverstag and Elsinore; pm’d regarding my concept. To hell with the votes; I like–but should I even pursue it or will it be dq’d? Please keep in mind discussion in ‘color popping’ and ‘weather’ regarding boxes. thx.

LeicaLens
    Participant

I have two definites, and what I thought was my third–a really interesting shot–taken on film last weekend. However it won’t comes back from the lab until the 19th.

Dammit.

Curious
    Participant

no one hour photo in Japan?

SilverStag
    Participant

I don’t know about that: This one did alright for me:

My digital lifestyle by pjern, on Flickr

LeicaLens
    Participant

no one hour photo in Japan?

Depends on the film. Kodak BW400Cn can be done in an hour, but I was, by chance, trying out some weird Czech-made black and white film (Fomapan?), and the place I use has to send it to a lab in Fukuoka city. I put it in yesterday, but they don’t send it until Tuesday.
    Pity, because I was quite confident in the shots I took.
    Ah well, serves me right for not learning how to develop my own.

ravnostic
    Participant

I had a really fun and productive shoot for this contest in Tempe. Can I have two volunteers to help me decide what to use for the contest? I’ll P.M. the details to ya. Thanks in advance.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’ll take a look if you want, rav.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll take a look if you want, rav.

PM’d ya, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • The topic ‘01-12-11 – Five is Right Out’ is closed to new replies.