01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-12-11 – Five is Right Out

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

And a quite deserving entry it was, NBD – I liked it a lot.

olavf
    Participant

Thanks guys (and gals)!

I think everyone should be commended. I ended up voting for a lot of shots this week, personally.

olavf was on fire this week!
    He may have three burn marks to prove it, too!

lol! Thankfully not. The nice thing about isopropyl alcohol is that it burns pretty cool 😉

Congrats again, olavf. That had to have made all your prep work feel worth it, eh?

It was worth it either way. A little judicious soldering, and I have three sweet ornaments for my tree next year 😀

LeicaLens
    Participant

Here’s the final tally on this one: 2748 votes, which puts it almost 1000 votes more than the past 11 contests’ average and at the #17 spot all-time. What I found most interesting, though, is the comparatively low number of entrants and entries in this one:

So, something about this one spoke to the voters even if it didn’t get quite as many farktographers.

Interesting. My first guess would be the geek factor of the theme itself. There were a lot of awesome entries, though, so that didn’t hurt, either.

Well, they out-geeked me. I didn’t even recognise the Python reference until I saw (and read) olavf‘s entry 😳

SilverStag
    Participant

Here’s the final tally on this one: 2748 votes, which puts it almost 1000 votes more than the past 11 contests’ average and at the #17 spot all-time. What I found most interesting, though, is the comparatively low number of entrants and entries in this one:

So, something about this one spoke to the voters even if it didn’t get quite as many farktographers.

Huh, 4 of those are mine. I better get to work 🙂

Curious
    Participant

Huh, 4 of those are mine. I better get to work 🙂

i tied at 91st with a bunch of folks and got a 118th and a 137th. so my averages are holding 🙂

but it was a fun contest and one in which lots of folks got votes from me.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I beat my highest vote total, but failed to crack the top 10. Considering the competition, I’m thrilled with my 18th place.

Olavf, I thought your flaming entry was amazing.

olavf
    Participant

Olavf, I thought your flaming entry was amazing.

Thanks! I was pretty happy with that one too. That sort of thing is usually pretty challenging to just come out looking ‘okay’ for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • The topic ‘01-12-11 – Five is Right Out’ is closed to new replies.