01-18-12 – Straight Out of Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-18-12 – Straight Out of Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Has anyone else come to the realization that they probably lean a bit much on post-processing?
    I only went with one of the 3 I originally wanted because the others needed “something.” Finally came up with 4. Took far too long, and was way too much work, but I got my 3 and a B: My B

Reality isn’t always very attractive, selective use of Vibrance and contrast make reality more acceptable. 8)

swampa
    Participant
    Farktographer
    Participant

If there was ever a contest to procrastinate for, this was it (well, other than Mandatory Procrastination). I only had 1 SOOC photo I knew I was using in advance, so I had to rush the other two off the discs I have in my camera that I haven’t bothered editing yet.

sleeping
    Participant

Just because I could, here’s an example of the difference in default rendering on the same image between two different Raw converters (PS3 vs Aperture). The differences may not be too blatant on first glance, but it’s not exactly insignificant.

(note: I did this after exporting the image for the contest, I didn’t pick and choose the result beforehand ;-))

orionid
    Participant

Any subject but no post-processing allowed, not even cropping. (Resizing a file to fit Fark’s data requirements is fine.)

This theme coming straight to you from ZeroExponent–thanks!

(NOTE: The previous theme for this week (Sleeve-faced) was deferred until spring at ZeroExponent’s request)

Oh fuck me.

I thought somewhere along the lines, we decided that crop was okay.

Delete my first post, please (that one’s not actually cropped, but I said it was, so I’ll need to repost it).

Meanwhile, I’m back at square one. 10 Bees and they’re all fucking cropped.

Kestrana
    Participant

Some really great stuff so far!

Farktographer
    Participant

I would like Linguine’s “A Day Of Protest” removed, because it is a blatant copy of one of my images, just underexposed to the point that you can’t really tell. Protect my copyright!

👿 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

orionid: Got it

I would like Linguine’s “A Day Of Protest” removed, because it is a blatant copy of one of my images, just underexposed to the point that you can’t really tell. Protect my copyright!

👿 😆

LOL nice

orionid
    Participant

👿 😆

HA!

linguine
    Participant

👿 😆

Sorry, you’re going to have to shut down all of fark and/or flickr instead.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

The timing of this one worked out well because I had very little time to play this week. Bascially went through a few folders and said, “good enough.” A few bees here.

SilverStag
    Participant

Please dele my first carousel pic, I screwed up the HTML.

orionid
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

The only things I really would have done differently with mine would be a slight saturation boost and unsharp mask for the re-sized version. Resizing always adds a bit of softness to the image. Might have cropped the crescent moon image *just* a bit, but generally I don’t do much to my images anyway.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Please dele my first carousel pic, I screwed up the HTML.

Already got it

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘01-18-12 – Straight Out of Camera’ is closed to new replies.