02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Any and all treatments not normally allowed software-wise are allowed/encouraged for this contest: artsy filters, exposure stacking/HDR, tilt-shift fakes, stitching, etc. NOTE: No pasting or moving subjects not in the original photo(s) like in a PS contest.

Original theme idea courtesy of soosh.

kashari
    Participant

I can’t remember if using blur filters to mask out backgrounds are allowed in this theme or is that too much like the PS paste/move you mentioned?

btw….YAY and thanks for adding this one!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That sort of thing is fine for this theme as long as you’re not copy pasta’ing stuff and moving it around in the frame. Simply blurring it out (selectively or not) is kosher on this one.

kashari
    Participant

Ok, thanks for your help, Elsinore!

U-Man
    Participant

Not that I have anything planned – but what about text? I think that would be in the ‘adding something not originally there’ category and not be OK. But I don’t really care. Just throwing it out there.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would say no.

linguine
    Participant

I would say no.

Thats no fun

linguine
    Participant

So to lobby for the use of text we allowed brushes to be used last time, so I think you should at least be allowed to use brushes to write words on the pictures.

ravnostic
    Participant

So I’ve been archive diving, and came across a picture that I may want to use for ‘Color Popping Naturally’, from back in my P/S days. And I’ve been playing as well, and the same shot would be good for this theme, as too. Still no “can’t use the same photo twice” rule? Or can that not apply, either?

If not, I think I’ll save the image for this one, as it’s I think I like it better in the hooty interpretation, but if so, I’d like to still consider it for CPN.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok seriously, is it that hard to refrain from using text or photos that have been used before when there’s so much else you can do? What does anyone else think?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, I’d like to be able to combine elements of different shots into one, but you take that, throw in text and re-use, and the next thing you know it’s a free-for-all PS contest, which I don’t think is the intent. So, I can live within the current rules. Unless everyone agrees to change them. 😉 Yeah, I know, no help at all.

orionid
    Participant

I’m good with the theme/rules as written.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, I’d like to be able to combine elements of different shots into one, but you take that, throw in text and re-use, and the next thing you know it’s a free-for-all PS contest, which I don’t think is the intent. So, I can live within the current rules. Unless everyone agrees to change them. 😉 Yeah, I know, no help at all.

Well, you can stack exposures, which would give you the possibility of double (or more) exposures after-the-fact. Or all out HDR.

linguine
    Participant

Ok seriously, is it that hard to refrain from using text or photos that have been used before when there’s so much else you can do? What does anyone else think?

With how stupid my idea is, yes.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, you can stack exposures, which would give you the possibility of double (or more) exposures after-the-fact. Or all out HDR.

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for my “whine” to be taken seriously. I don’t want to inject more controversy into the discussion.

What I had in mind for my “request” was to take my lunar eclipse shots from here and make a progression across the sky against a different background shot. That would mean combining multiple completely separate shots into one, which I fully understand is against the rules.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2’ is closed to new replies.