02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

mucho congrats to the top finishers. vibrant, wild, unique, stellar work.

i’m perplexed there weren’t more overall entries…..

I’m not, a most people are intimidated by the complexities of the software. They psyche out at the thought using the GIMP (which can be intimidating) and Photoshop is ungodly expensive (unless ye be a pirate matey!) and Photoshop Elements that ships free is kind of useless for anything other than correcting redeye. So, this was kind of a niche contest.

And don’t even get me started on what most serious photographers think of HDR 😛

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks, Zero Exponent, we get a lot of big spiders in the U. P. and I love taking pics of them. The filter created a interesting look. Thanks again.
    I like your tilt-shift miniature terraced gardens. My tilt-shift never turn out that good.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to (Be)CauseISaidSo this week!

olavf
    Participant

Congrats, CauseISaidSo!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, everyone. I’m more than a bit surprised by this one. The pseudo-IR thing was a fluke that came about from running out of time while trying to match skies between the moon close-ups and the zoomed-out shot used as the background. The zoom-ins were exposed for the moon so the surrounding sky was black while the zoomed-out was exposed for the sky which made it dark blue.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Congratulations (Be)CauseISaidSo! That is an awesome photograph. There were a lot of really good entries this week.

I learned a lot about HDR and GiMP as a result of this contest which, for me, was the point of entering the contest. I did not expect to do well at all, and I and frankly stunned that my one photo ended up at #5.

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘02-16-11 – Farktography Classic: Software Hootennany 2’ is closed to new replies.