04-25-12 – Off Kilter

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-25-12 – Off Kilter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us your slant on photography. Tilt that horizon! Tweak that Vertical! Dutch up your angles!

This theme brought to you courtesy of SilverStag!

Barracuda
    Participant

Been waiting for this one to pop up. I think I’ve got 2 of my 3 already, or at least planned if I need to improve on the originals.

fluffybunny
    Participant

So, can I have some elaboration on this theme? Is it just modified framing (tilting the camera) of any subject or is the subject angular things or both?

Farktographer
    Participant

I believe from the original thread it’s tilting the camera, not the subjects (though if you tilted the camera and counter-balanced with subjects, you’d end up with some cool results)

mopsy
    Participant

If I understand this, it is not tilt-shift, where everything looks like toys. It’s actually tilting the camera so say the horizon goes from corner to corner of the photo. Correct?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s my understanding of the theme.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore, that’s the direction I shall go.

ravnostic
    Participant

Nice pun, mopsy :o) lolz

kashari
    Participant

Does it have to be shot off kilter, or is changing the angle in post-processing allowed?

SilverStag
    Participant

Cropping is allowed to get the effect.

U-Man
    Participant

I have a ‘thing’ about this. A negative thing. I like my horizons all nice and level. It kind of hurts to tilt it.

/got nothing and no ideas.
    //but I do have a weekend.

kashari
    Participant

Cropping is allowed to get the effect.

Ok, thanks!

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah U-Man I went 2 years into the archives and found 1, count it, ONE, picture that I had intentionally taken off kilter and also processed. Fortunately I had willing subjects to offer as tribute.

oddmind
    Participant

So if I cropped the heck out of a previously-submitted photo to eliminate the wonky effect, I could submit the uncropped one here version without violating the rules? Because that photo fits this theme much better than it did the other one.

Uranus
    Participant

“Tweak that Vertical!” – so a shot taken with the camera on the ground and tilted up is also good? Also, do I get a special dispensation because, technically, every shot I take here has a Dutched-up angle? 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • The topic ‘04-25-12 – Off Kilter’ is closed to new replies.