04-25-12 – Off Kilter

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-25-12 – Off Kilter

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster
    ravnostic
    Participant

ETA: Elsinore the staircase is awesome, mopsy I wish I had thought of supermarket aisle and Rav the blue chevrons should be hanging on my wall.

I took that on the Tempe Photowalk I hosted. It’s the canopy at a rest area. I only wish the bird poop near the center left (from this perspective) wasn’t there. Thanks for the compliment!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

ETA: Elsinore the staircase is awesome, mopsy I wish I had thought of supermarket aisle and Rav the blue chevrons should be hanging on my wall.

Thanks! I took that today on the 3rd grader’s field trip, and I almost didn’t use it…wasn’t sure it “played well” anywhere but my own head. The docent never did say anything about flash photography, and I had my camera with flash on it pretty openly, but at the end of the tour, one of the other moms saw a hand out on “Why can’t we take flash photography in museums?”. D’oh…

ravnostic
    Participant

If you win with that shot, Elsinore (and it’s a good one that might), we’re reporting you to the authorities. ;o)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LOL! I know someone who gives tours there…I’m really hoping she can get me in sometime to take shots with a tripod and ambient lighting. But I don’t know how willing they’d be to let me do that…

ennuipoet
    Participant

I took that on the Tempe Photowalk I hosted. It’s the canopy at a rest area. I only wish the bird poop near the center left (from this perspective) wasn’t there. Thanks for the compliment!

I didn’t notice it, but you can photoshop that right out of there no problem!

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks, ennuipoet. I, too, enjoyed taking pics for this theme. At first, I tried taking old photos and angle cropping but it took too much of the picture away. So I took my camera every where I went this week. What’s cool is taking a fairly boring setting and creating something of interest simply by angling the camera. How neat is that?!

Barracuda
    Participant

Wowza, already some incredible entries this week.

sleeping
    Participant

One B:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awrose/6954295882/in/photostream

Interesting how grounding the edges of the path at the bottom of the frame makes for a stable composition even with the horizon tilted (but in the end, I decided it was actually a bit *too* stable…)

emiliogtz
    Participant

I had a horrible week and managed to make only one photograph for this contest. i got another one from the archive. Not too happy about it. Specially after seen what you guys are coming up with, as usual.

bender16v
    Participant

I shot all of mine specifically for this contest, and like ennuipoet wrote it really got me to open up my ideas, not just trying to keep the horizon straight.
    I took this one about 20 minutes ago, so it can be a b: http://www.bender16v.com/chris/b1.jpg

And ravnostic, I really, really like the chevrons, I’m a sucker for patterns.

Kestrana
    Participant

Sometimes you just gotta play to play emiliogtz but I’ve definitely had those weeks before.

SilverStag
    Participant

Damn, late to my own contest!

Yugoboy
    Participant

All three of mine were shot like that and in the archive.

Just sayin’

They’ll still end up about 34th or so…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • The topic ‘04-25-12 – Off Kilter’ is closed to new replies.