04-25-12 – Off Kilter

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-25-12 – Off Kilter

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Too far? The shot depicts the anti-solar point, typically only evident on negative horizons. But, yeah, I tweeked it for emphasis. Too much? I can tone it down…or am I on the wrong trail to begin with?

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2012/apr/25/kilter09sml.jpg

I like the composition, but I think the saturation is bordering on cartoonish.

I agree – but with the caveat that I have had some really, really orange colors shooting away from a sunset. I can remember one in particular – I took a selfie holding a musky with the setting sun so low that my tripod cast a shadow on me. I looked like a carrot.

/but I know that rav likes da saturated pretty colors, too. 🙂

I do likes my saturations, truth. But I also knows I can overdo’s it. Thanks for the input!

U-Man; kind of the anti-thesis of the theme, imho. Could work with the voting public, though.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m overthinking this contest. I’ve not nearly tapped into the archives and I’m up to 15 possibilities. Eeesh! Thoughts on this one? I’m including the curves; it’s not so very far from SOOC, really–but even to me, it looks overdone, plasticky, yet it’s one of my favorite shots this year. Rattan–it’s what’s for breakfast…

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2012/apr/25/kilter17lgc.jpg

Barracuda
    Participant
    ennuipoet
    Participant

I’ve confession to make, when this theme came along I was a little “meh” about it. I didn’t hate it, but I wasn’t inspired by it. Then, because I’ve had a dearth of things to shoot of late because of my work schedule, I decided I would shoot new stuff and not archive dive.

The results have actually been some amazing (or least they are to me) shots. I looked at my usual haunts with new eyes, a new…hah!…perspective. I’ve fallen in love with this theme and will continue to incorporate the things I’ve done for it in my day to day photography. It was like looking at the world with fresh eyes. Thanks SilverStag for submitting this, it changed the way I saw the world!

orionid
    Participant

There’s a theme this week? Crap.

U-Man
    Participant

I’ve confession to make, when this theme came along I was a little “meh” about it. I didn’t hate it, but I wasn’t inspired by it. Then, because I’ve had a dearth of things to shoot of late because of my work schedule, I decided I would shoot new stuff and not archive dive.

The results have actually been some amazing (or least they are to me) shots. I looked at my usual haunts with new eyes, a new…hah!…perspective. I’ve fallen in love with this theme and will continue to incorporate the things I’ve done for it in my day to day photography. It was like looking at the world with fresh eyes. Thanks SilverStag for submitting this, it changed the way I saw the world!

– Like Button –

Farktographer
    Participant

You and me both, buddy. I haven’t touched my camera in about a month, and I’m starting to go through withdrawls 🙁

ravnostic
    Participant

You and me both, buddy. I haven’t touched my camera in about a month, and I’m starting to go through withdrawls 🙁

wraps rubber chord around arm, **tap-tap-tap**s

//kinda coming out of a funk myself, or so I hope. Hard to tell yet. But…tap..tap…tap…

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m soon to have to send mine in for annual servicing…

That point and shoot better still work…

Kestrana
    Participant

annual servicing…

what the what now??

sounds like your camera needs to be neutered

Uranus
    Participant

annual servicing…

what the what now??

time for a litter of instamatics….if you care for them properly they grow up to be DSLRs.

the mechanics of servicing a camera are beyond me…

ennuipoet
    Participant

annual servicing…

what the what now??

That’s what I like to call my Anniversary Sex with the wife!

HEY-OH!

Yugoboy
    Participant

When she bought the camera, my wife sprung for the annual cleaning. Given the fact that I’ve taken at least 15K pictures this year (a vast majority of them being lousy), I’m willing to risk the DTs to keep it running longer.

It’s going to have to wait a week or 2 until I play with my new toys a bit, though.

Uranus
    Participant

aaaaaand suddenly I have 6 shots (only 2 deliberate) and am screwed if i know which 3 should go in….can’t we just ditch the rule book and create an epically skewed glance at the world?

U-Man
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
  • The topic ‘04-25-12 – Off Kilter’ is closed to new replies.