06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

The dining room table has a project we’re both working on on it 😉

We have…multiple things. Including a stack of empty picture frames :/

Back on topic though: Just found this on lifehacker, and it’s relevant to our interests:

http://lifehacker.com/#!5088105/turn-a-scanner-into-a-camera

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks, BecauseISaidSo, I was thinking it was something far more complicated. I have a scanner/printer, so now I just have to come up with something besides fruit!

QueenMab
    Participant

I know that scanning existing photos is not within the theme but is using the scanner to essentially create a collage acceptable?

Kestrana
    Participant

Are you making a collage of other photographs you’ve taken or of 3-D objects?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The theme description says the subject must be a 3D object. A collage of photos wouldn’t really be 3D.

QueenMab
    Participant

well, technically, paper is a 3 dimensional object…

But no, not photographs. I’m thinking stuff like old concert tickets, letters, wrapping paper, maybe bits of cut up photographs (that I’ve taken, so no copyright issues), etc. Maybe pressed flowers or buttons or fabric as well…

yes, no, maybe?

🙂

orionid
    Participant

My thoughts (and along a fuzzy line, as usual), are that if it’s primarily paper stuffs, then it wouldn’t fit, but if you have a majority of the photo being the 3d objects like buttons, flowers, etc, then it would be kosher.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This ^

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. Real life is proving this one to be a major pain in the rear…. At least, it is for the way *I* interpret the theme.

In unrelated news, there’s a pile of scanner innards and Nikon D50 parts scattered across the top of the dryer at the moment while I mull over some technical details and plan a wedding.

olavf
    Participant

I’d be down for moving this back a few weeks to see what you come up with orionid

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks olavf that’s sweet, but moving the contest might wind up in just more procrastination.

Not to mention a couple more weeks and everything has to be packed up.

For those not on Facebook, last week we found out orionid is no longer needed in the Navy, essentially is getting laid off in June and our wedding is Saturday so we have that, then finding a job and figuring where we want to move to on the Navy’s dime.

ravnostic
    Participant

For those not on Facebook, last week we found out orionid is no longer needed in the Navy, essentially is getting laid off in June and our wedding is Saturday so we have that, then finding a job and figuring where we want to move to on the Navy’s dime.

Damn well better not be Hawaii, or the rest of us will never win a landscape contest again. 😥

olavf
    Participant

True, kes, but I haven’t even started building mine yet either. And we’re going to be busy getting Freedom Gropes next weekend. And we’ve got a stack of pictures to mat by Friday 😛 Oh, and the boy’s birthday is the following weekend… (so I wouldn’t mind the procrastination time either, yanno?)

And suckage. I missed where y’all had to move, too. That doubly stinks. I’d suggest moving out here, but it’s expensive, and there aren’t exactly tons of jobs to be had.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah it’s going to be IA, VA, or PA depending on jobs. CA is right out…

I suppose to be consistent we should consider GA, LA, MA, and WA too.

orionid
    Participant

Damn well better not be Hawaii, or the rest of us will never win a landscape contest again. 😥

I can assure you, the day they decide to break ground on a nuclear plant in the islands, my resume will be the first one on the stack. Unfortunately, in a state that’s afraid to genetically enhance their taro for larger tubers and stronger flavor, nuke-u-lar stuff is right out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 182 total)
  • The topic ‘06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera’ is closed to new replies.