06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Use a Scanner to present your image. Difficulty: Subject must be a 3-D object. No use of printed photos or positive/negative film.

Thanks to yrkddn/Error403 for the theme suggestion!

orionid
    Participant

I can’t wait for this one. Just a few more technical bugs to work out, and…….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I tried to schedule it far enough in advance that people could play with this between now and then. I’m looking forward to it myself.

ravnostic
    Participant

This project is still on my ‘to-do’ list. Haven’t had much luck finding an overhead projector nor scanner for cheap (craiglisters are so flakey!!).

Farktographer
    Participant

This project is still on my ‘to-do’ list. Haven’t had much luck finding an overhead projector nor scanner for cheap (craiglisters are so flakey!!).

Yeah, I’m going to have to sneak into work on the weekend and hope my bosses don’t find me and question my mentality. That limits me to what I can do with the scanner though – no breaking it apart to get cool effects 🙁

ravnostic
    Participant

I actually bought two 10″ low-glare fresnal lenses for part of this project. If I can get all the stuff together, it will be an interesting marriage.

mopsy
    Participant

Okay. Explain this to me. I have no idea what you are talking about.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

mopsy, it’s based on Error403’s entry from the Five Is Right Out contest. You can see it full-size here: http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2815/threeapples.jpg

He made that by placing the apples on the glass of a scanner, covering them with a cloth and then scanning them like you’d scan a printed photograph. So basically, it’s any image you can create by scanning objects, as long as it’s not just scanning a photo.

chupathingie
    Participant

good lord the geeks are going to get busy on this one… I just bought a new scanner/printer (all of $60), and as cheap as they are there’s a lot of room for maybe putting it in interesting situations….

Plamadude30k
    Participant

good lord the geeks are going to get busy on this one… I just bought a new scanner/printer (all of $60), and as cheap as they are there’s a lot of room for maybe putting it in interesting situations….

MASSIVE FACEPALM

Until you said this, I was convinced that I had to go find a scanner to use. I’ve had a scanner/printer combo for the past five years. How could I not remember that? I see it multiple times every day! Well, at least this contest will be easier than I thought it would.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I just asked my room mate if he had a scanner. He got up, went to his closet and handed me a scanner / printer that somebody gave him for free. Now all I have to do is find the software online and I am in business. Woot.

orionid
    Participant

And here I am taking the subject literally…..

/Move along, citizen. Nothing to see here.

Kestrana
    Participant

I hope beyond hope this means I get my coffee table back soon.

olavf
    Participant

Kes, ask Kat about our dining room table some time 😛

Kestrana
    Participant

The dining room table has a project we’re both working on on it 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)
  • The topic ‘06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera’ is closed to new replies.