06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

OK, kill the thread, it’s over, U-Man has pulled off the lipstick on the cat’s ass. We can all just go home, someone get the lights on the way.

You magnificent bastard!

ravnostic
    Participant

What ennuipoet said.

B’s, for what it’s worth.

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/jun/08/bees.html

Elsinore
    Keymaster

OK, kill the thread, it’s over, U-Man has pulled off the lipstick on the cat’s ass. We can all just go home, someone get the lights on the way.

You magnificent bastard!

I figured that’s where he was going, so I didn’t bother trying. Plus, my cats are quite a bit bigger than Maisy and much less willing to sit still where I put them.

Contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/6278359/

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I’m going to echo Rav‘s statement echoing what Ennuipoet said about U-man‘s entry. I couldn’t stop laughing for ten minutes.

U-Man
    Participant

🙂 Thanks guys. But you probably jinxed me. Every time I see the ‘threads over’ comment about somebody’s pic, somebody else wins.

But maybe that’s what yer all doing (shifty squinty eyes at you all…)

Elsinore, if you haven’t left yet — how did you figure it out? I got the Maisy idea from rav‘s comment and the lipstick thing just popped into my head.

U-Man
    Participant

Oh yeah. I only got one good take. I tried three with Maisy and one with Roscoe.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, if you haven’t left yet — how did you figure it out? I got the Maisy idea from rav‘s comment and the lipstick thing just popped into my head.

lol dunno, hunch mostly. I had had the idea myself a few days ago, but then you said something having an epic idea, and I figured that was it, and that since you have a not-yet-fully-grown Maisy and I have 12 and 15+ lb cats who have no patience for that sort of thing, that you’d end up going there and would actually be successful, where I would probably just end up cussing and frustrated.

andyofne
    Participant

I can’t get any of my images up. I keep getting file size too large errors.

What is the the limit? I haven’t seen this issue in a few years.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s a fuzzy limit…180k-200k, but under 150k is better, and under 130k is safer still. If you’re hosting with Flickr and using one of their resized versions, it likely has file size bloat because they use very high quality compression to create those smaller sizes. It’s best if you upload a Fark sized file and use the original of that to post to Fark.

andyofne
    Participant

It’s a fuzzy limit…180k-200k, but under 150k is better, and under 130k is safer still. If you’re hosting with Flickr and using one of their resized versions, it likely has file size bloat because they use very high quality compression to create those smaller sizes. It’s best if you upload a Fark sized file and use the original of that to post to Fark.

It’s been a LONG time since I’ve had any problems. I had one file that was 189k and it wouldn’t work (*too large*).

Thanks though. Finally got 3 to go up.

ravnostic
    Participant

I have to ask: Am I the only one who still owns an analog clock? I thought there would be several similar entries and it would just do –meah– because of it.

That clock was purchased for ‘All Night Long’; nice to have gotten to repurpose it for this contest. Makes the $5 investment only $2.50 per contest.

Kestrana
    Participant

We have one but the only reason we have it is for some of orionid‘s Software Hootenanny crazy spiral time pictures.

U-Man
    Participant

Mopsy and I have both used an analog clocks for entries. Mine was in ‘Hands’ a few years back. Hers was in the recent long exposure theme.

My wife bought me a clock for my work office that has a sweeping second hand rather than the tick-tock second hand. I wonder how that would work with a scanner.

andyofne
    Participant

The creativity some of you have… it’s fantastic. I bow to your superior artistry!

andyofne
    Participant

I have to ask: Am I the only one who still owns an analog clock? I thought there would be several similar entries and it would just do –meah– because of it.

That clock was purchased for ‘All Night Long’; nice to have gotten to repurpose it for this contest. Makes the $5 investment only $2.50 per contest.

Nope. I have a bunch of them. See, I work in a medical clinic and the drug reps used to bring free “gift’ clocks in for the doctors. But, truth be told, the doctor’s never liked that stuff. I mean, who is going to take a cheap plastic clock with some lame drug logo in the clock face and hang it in their million dollar house?

Anyway, I jacked a bunch of those clocks and printed photos I liked and put them inside as the face. It’s not as exciting as it sounds but I’ve given a couple away as gifts (yes, I realize that sounds cheap).

for instance, my evil step mother loves VW bugs so I took a photo of her bug and used it as the clock face. She loves it.

Anyway… I thought your clock scan-pic was very cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 182 total)
  • The topic ‘06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera’ is closed to new replies.