06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

This does not bode well if anyone was hoping to take first place … or second, or third 😉

ravnostic, can’t you borrow someone’s, or use a work scanner on your break? That would suck if you can’t play. Looking forward to see what people come up with for this one.

Heh. Thanks. But so far I’ve got two that are in the ‘good enough’ category and one more idea to try tonight. I’m hoping for a top 10 but not really a 1st.

Yeah, c’mon rav. At least flip the bird on an office scanner. Or find a friend with a scanner/printer/copier combo.

cameraflage
    Participant

This is really fun.

This does not bode well if anyone was hoping to take first place … or second, or third 😉

And this is different from other contests how?

U-Man
    Participant

This is really fun.

And this is different from other contests how?

Thanks again. But as I sit at an average 9 votes and 73rd place for urban art, I’ll point out that you picked a bad week for your statement. 🙂

That said, I’m getting happier with my scanner pics. 😯 Two done, one idea to try and make happen.

U-Man
    Participant

Oh yeah. Using the scanner got me to scan some of my awesome/awful mullet photos from college. I looked like an idiot. I’ll have to share them on Facebook one of these days.

ravnostic
    Participant

deleted

ravnostic
    Participant

Z^0 and U, I quote Lois Lane, circa 1979 version, “If at all possible, he’ll be there.”

But I’m pretty much resigned to a ‘not happening’. Unless you happen to find a wallet, with a considerable chunk of change, that I misplaced/that got snatched/that I dropped on Memorial Day. Then I could at least rsvp.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Rav, I’ve got a little printer/scanner down here in Tucson if you’re willing to come down. It may not be the best equipment, but it’s something. I’ve picked up a few extra observing nights this week, too (7th, 8th, 9th, though if I remember correctly, you usually work the middle of the week right?).

Yugoboy
    Participant

Z^0 and U, I quote Lois Lane, circa 1979 version, “If at all possible, he’ll be there.”

But I’m pretty much resigned to a ‘not happening’. Unless you happen to find a wallet, with a considerable chunk of change, that I misplaced/that got snatched/that I dropped on Memorial Day. Then I could at least rsvp.

Whilst at the local public library I happened to see a sign for free scanning in the media department. I have a scanner, so it didn’t really register as important until I re-viewed this thread.

I have no idea if anyplace else has this as an option. Several things would mitigate against it: a) it’s a Kodak scan station and we’re in the home of Kodak, and b) it’s a pretty big library (central library for a county-wide system of a several hundred thousand population), none of the smaller allied libraries have one.

But… if you’re dying to participate, it’s an idea to at least check out.

SilverStag
    Participant

I’ve gone avant-garde this week.

orionid
    Participant

…And looking at Flickr, ran with an idea I was planning on.

No biggie, I has other artilleries.

Curious
    Participant

…And looking at Flickr, ran with an idea I was planning on.

No biggie, I has other artilleries.

which has given me an idea.

andyofne
    Participant

I’ve been playing around with my flatbed scanner but I’m not overly impressed. I tried a couple of things so at least I’ll have something to submit.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just FYI, guys, next week is Girl Scout camp, and it starts bright and early Thurs morning. I’ll be around pretty much my usual late hours Wednesday night into early Thurs, but after 6 or 7am Thurs, I’ll be offline until Saturday afternoon some time. Even if my phone weren’t the piece of caca it is making it already impossible to surf more than FB on, I’ll be far enough out into BFE that my reception will be spotty at best, and more likely to be nonexistent. Sooo, if there are problems with the contest Thurs-Sat, you’ll need to report them to Farkback if it needs immediate attention. You can also use our shiny new Fark Forum; I’ll make sure there are other Fark mods monitoring it for your Farktography needs. Keep in mind that envotination and deletion will be easiest for the other Mods to handle, followed by Scarlet R repeat entries (if you can cite the previous contest and provide a link). Issues with post-processing violation will be more difficult for them to evaluate since they’re less familiar with the rules and less knowledgeable about techniques. Thankfully, I think this theme will be less likely to encourage those kinds of violations, but certainly if someone’s Flickr page outright says they stadcked exposures or HDR’d the photo, then by all means report this. I’ll also check in as soon as I’m back online and clean up whatever else needs to be cleaned up.

Sorry in advance for any inconvenience; after this trip, things should be back to normal for me in terms of availability and contest monitoring.

olavf
    Participant

Off….line?

*shudders*

Good luck Els!

In other news, it seems that Visioneer stopped support for my ancient and venerable flatbed somewhere around Windows XP. So I suspect my main idea is out for the moment. Going to have to figure out what to do with it attached to the desktop. *sigh*

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I have one good idea and a couple of weird ones. Thankfully, I’m thinking this week will have a lot of weird stuff. I’m getting pretty excited to see what you guys come up with.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 182 total)
  • The topic ‘06-08-11 – Scanner As Camera’ is closed to new replies.