06-16-10 – Monumental

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-16-10 – Monumental

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    swampa
    Participant

I had been limiting my tall images to 900px. I didn’t realise people were still running 1024×768, what is this the middle ages?? (I kid, I kid! :P) I might drop the size down a bit then in the future.

With respect to comments, I don’t tend to put any except the “pops to bigger” as I figure most of the time people don’t care (half the time I forget the pops as it is) but if they do then they can ask in the comments and I can fill them in then.

olavf
    Participant

Most laptops tend to be a bit on the smaller side – Mine, for example, is 1280×800. LCDs in general are lower res than CRTs though. OTOH, the reduction in pixels is a fair trade-off for the reduction in headaches from the CRT flicker 😛

justkat
    Participant

Most laptops tend to be a bit on the smaller side –

This. I have one of the biggest laptop screens you can have in a PC, but it’s still only 1440×900.

I mean, I guess I could go sit at the desk-top to look at the contest thread, but it’s not really a kickin’ back kinda experience. 😉

Curious
    Participant

I didn’t realise people were still running 1024×768, what is this the middle ages??

at that setting i get the page in the 20″ monitor without scrolling right to left and don’t have to squint to read the text. our shipping monitor is set to tiny text and it’s a wide screen. i can barely read it with reading glasses, i have no idea how the others can use it.

of course they are 15 – 20 years younger 🙂

caradoc
    Participant

I thought of, and took pictures of, more traditional stuff (USS Az memorial, Hunt’s Tomb, Tovrea Castle, etc), but in the end, figured caradoc would blow me away on those so opted for lesser-known stuff.

We’re never tourists in our own towns. The statues/bronzes that I have photos of in the Phoenix area are mostly the bronze dancers down by the Herberger Theater Complex.

My three are posted – and only one is from Arizona, but is relatively obscure.

(And stop knocking your own work, dammit.)

olavf
    Participant

We’re never tourists in our own towns.

We make an effort of it, but in a lot of ways, the stuff we really want to be touristy about are a mere 45 minutes to an hour away. And, we never go :/

We haven’t been to the wine country since October, and Tahoe, well, I haven’t been there in several years 😛

clouddancer
    Participant

My supervisor got back to me on email and allowed me to take an early night! (YAY!) I’ve posted my two and I’m off to bed to catch at least a couple of Z’s before heading to the hospital. I’ll see what I can do about getting to a computer to vote on the pictures before the contest closes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Cool! Hope you get some rest. Having been there (though for an induction, not a section) I know how hard it is to sleep the night before. Best of luck!

olavf
    Participant

My supervisor got back to me on email and allowed me to take an early night! (YAY!) I’ve posted my two and I’m off to bed to catch at least a couple of Z’s before heading to the hospital. I’ll see what I can do about getting to a computer to vote on the pictures before the contest closes.

Good luck, and congrats!

LeicaLens
    Participant

Good luck, clouddancer, and congratulations.

If they use any micro tube camera things on you, just be sure to ask them their white balance and aperture settings 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Best of experiences, CD.

swampa
    Participant

Also adding to the good luck for clouddancer.

Elsinore, can you please rescue my 2010-06-16 08:15:05 PM and 2010-06-16 08:08:03 PM entries? Thanks 🙂

Edit: And Ratty20’s entries too thanks

Elsinore
    Keymaster

swampa: Got em. Also, Victori78 had a couple that had disappeared as well.

orionid
    Participant

Tossing in a little more luck for clouddancer.

U-Man
    Participant

I hope things are safe and good for CD and family. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘06-16-10 – Monumental’ is closed to new replies.