07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

A couple of early B’s for this week.

Bombay Crane by Miller Truby, on Flickr

and

Unending Buckner by Miller Truby, on Flickr

justkat
    Participant

I guess I’ll go ahead and use it and if it is judged to be outside the parameters of the contest, I have a back-up pic. 😉

ennuipoet
    Participant

Ennipoet, do you refrain from taking photos of homeless people out of respect?

It’s more about propriety rather than respect, I have to know (or know something about) someone to respect them. Were I engaged in legitimate photojournalism or doing a art shoot about homeless people I would have no problem photographing them, either surreptitiously or with their knowledge.

For Fark…I dunno. Plus, homeless street photographs are pretty cliche.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    sleeping
    Participant
    zincprincess
    Participant

Another week, another archive dive. Oh well. At least I had something. I wish I had time to really go explore for this contest but the pesky real world got in my way.

Here are the b’s.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38736385@N02/5910813684/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38736385@N02/5910254307/in/photostream/
    DSC_0931_e

spaten
    Participant
    clouddancer
    Participant

Stupid power outage. Had everything ready just about and it got windy enough took out our entire town’s power. Glad they have it back, but I was supposed to start back to work an hour and a half ago!

ravnostic
    Participant

Elsinore, can you delete 2011-07-06 10:26:35 PM please; it’s the wrong picture.

zincprincess
    Participant

Stupid power outage. Had everything ready just about and it got windy enough took out our entire town’s power. Glad they have it back, but I was supposed to start back to work an hour and a half ago!

I feel your pain. We were without power for almost 96 hours last week after a freak summer storm.

ravnostic
    Participant

What do y’all say about stuff abandoned in our garage? Life after roomate? It’s been 3.5 years…. 😉

It’s fine, justkat.

clouddancer
    Participant

Can I get my second post deleted? 2011-07-06 10:35:00 PM I’ve changed my mind on it and will be putting another one up.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I love this theme and wish I could have done some dedicated pics for it. Damn life got in the way though.

Unfortunately I just didn’t have time to go out and shoot stuff this week.

I wish I had time to really go explore for this contest but the pesky real world got in my way.

And I’m in the same boat. We’re definitely gonna have to do this one again at some point.

I can’t tell you how many things I’ve seen while out riding my cycle in the country where I thought, “That’d make a great entry for an abandoned/seen better days contest, I need to photograph that sometime.” And of course sometime never came so here I am with archive entries (and weak ones at that, IMO).

ravnostic
    Participant

Elsinore, can you delete 2011-07-06 10:26:35 PM please; it’s the wrong picture.

Maybe you’ve gone to bed? It’s late back east…

F’tography mods, what happens if the contest goes live before it gets deleted? Will I get stuck with it and the replacement get deleted instead? Or is my request time stamp enough to ensure the right one goes away? (I posted a request in the contest, too; in case another mod happens upon it–do they key in on the word “Mods” or something? I saw they got error‘s request that was just above mine, but mine still remains…)

The comparison, btw, is the difference between a polarizing filter correctly placed vs. one that is not. The view is a little wider, too, on the one that I want to be the entry.

sleeping
    Participant
    ravnostic wrote:

is my request time stamp enough to ensure the right one goes away?

Most likely, although it may take some time for it to get done depending on how active the mods are, what they’ve been drinking, and such.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People’ is closed to new replies.