07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Scarlet R: RagnarD’s entry was previously used in Wallpaper This

Not a scarlet R, but if it’s possible & not too much trouble, could you disenvotenate ELO’s original post as he corrected it in a follow-up post. If that’s a problem, I can disqualify the misposted entry later.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, I believe fiveyearswinter: farm6.static.flickr.com image 640×348 is a mild HDR. The photo itself has very faint, almost sublime hints of tonemapping, but his filename on flickr is pretty much textbook from any HDR program.

I wondered about that one last night, but couldn’t find any concrete evidence for it; usually their Flickr page either mentions the image is HDR, or somewhere in the comments someone has asked about the post processing, or they’ve submitted the photo to HDR groups. Not sure I can go off a filename as enough evidence to DQ it, but I’ve asked in the thread about it.

CauseISaidSo: Got ELO’s post, but on RagnarD’s, the second link takes me to a picture of a house, which doesn’t match any of his entries from this week. Was it supposed to be the broken linked image from the post before that?

Kestrana
    Participant

Both links CISS linked to me show the same picture in the listed contests.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Elsinore, RagnarD’s repost is the one from 2011-07-07 01:06:41 AM. It is the house picture. Both links are working for me, too; maybe there was an image hosting hiccup when you checked?

Also, another Scarlet R: jimjazz’s entry was previously used in Destroyed

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Weird–musta been a hiccup. Things worked just now. Both Scarlet R’s are gone–thanks for the report!

Farktographer
    Participant

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This long weekend screwed me up – I forgot that today was Thursday. My perfect submission rate is ruined – RUINED, I tell ya!

/oh well, didn’t have anything worthy this week anyway.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

My perfect submission rate is ruined – RUINED, I tell ya!

Not necessarily, depends on how you look at it.

You and I are the only farktographers who’ve participated in more than two contests that have entered the maximum number of entries in every contest in which we’ve entered.

Like you, I have gaps in my participation, but when I’ve entered, it’s been all the way, baby. 😆

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I may or may not have re-posted an earlier entry, specifically the half demolished theatre. I don’t have access to FSM at the moment, but the photo appears in my farktography set in my flickr account (which doesn’t mean I posted to fark)
    (the post was 2011-07-06 08:05:41 PM).

Can someone check this out?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21883298@N08/4436985870/ (original link)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21883298@N08/5906505431/ (current link)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Pope, if you used it before, it was under a different link or I’d have caught it. You can check all of your entries at your user page at http://www.bibliostats.com/farktography/user/pope%20larry%20ii

I did a quick scan and didn’t see it used previously, but you may want to browse a little closer if you have concerns.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Pope, if you used it before, it was under a different link or I’d have caught it. You can check all of your entries at your user page at http://www.bibliostats.com/farktography/user/pope%20larry%20ii

I did a quick scan and didn’t see it used previously, but you may want to browse a little closer if you have concerns.

It’s not there, whew.

BTW, I love your site. It looks like you’ve put a lot of effort into it.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Elsinore, I noticed that fiveyearswinter confirmed that his entry was HDR but it’s still vote-enabled. Don’t know if that was intended or not, so FYI just in case.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah I was hoping he’d respond to my post about leaving it up but voting disabled (or if he’d indicate if he’d rather it not be up at all). But I’ll go ahead and vote disable at this point.

Farktographer
    Participant

Thanks for the optimism boost, CISS :mrgreen:

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Glad to help, Farktographer. Besides, if you were going for the longest consecutive streak, you’d have to wait for Elsinore to retire and then wait another 4-5 years!

She holds the record for consecutive contests entered at 272, followed by Mopsy at 173 and Kestrana at 96. You were #5 on that list, so sorry about that…

orionid
    Participant

Glad to help, Farktographer. Besides, if you were going for the longest consecutive streak, you’d have to wait for Elsinore to retire and then wait another 4-5 years!

She holds the record for consecutive contests entered at 272, followed by Mopsy at 173 and Kestrana at 96. You were #5 on that list, so sorry about that…

Hey! I have a doctors note for the ones I missed. Doesn’t that count?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People’ is closed to new replies.