07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

I love this theme and wish I could have done some dedicated pics for it. Damn life got in the way though.

Unfortunately I just didn’t have time to go out and shoot stuff this week.

I wish I had time to really go explore for this contest but the pesky real world got in my way.

And I’m in the same boat. We’re definitely gonna have to do this one again at some point.

I can’t tell you how many things I’ve seen while out riding my cycle in the country where I thought, “That’d make a great entry for an abandoned/seen better days contest, I need to photograph that sometime.” And of course sometime never came so here I am with archive entries (and weak ones at that, IMO).

I’m joining this party. I know for a fact that the film I got back today has some contenders on it, but no time for scanning. Also, being married and trying to be responsible, I’ve curtailed [read: been told to cut back on] my trespassing in the name of photography. Also, the subtitle kept throwing me. I’ve got lots of great “life after people” shots of things that aren’t exactly abandoned.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry about that guys–went to the basement to put in my exercise time and was following Fark but not here (got logged out of here somehow and couldn’t get back in on the phone). Rav: Got yours, and clouddancer: Sorry for missing your message here, but that one’s gone now, too.

Just FYI on deletion requests: If you give a time stamp, that should be enough for other Fark mods to handle, though they don’t often mod Farktography threads. Either way, if you’d requested a deletion and already posted another entry to take its place, the worst that would happen in the event the requested entry wasn’t deleted before the contest went green would be that the entry gets deleted after the contest is live, like clouddancer‘s above. There’s a chance it might have received votes, but that’s not a problem.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m joining this party. I know for a fact that the film I got back today has some contenders on it, but no time for scanning. Also, being married and trying to be responsible, I’ve curtailed [read: been told to cut back on] my trespassing in the name of photography. Also, the subtitle kept throwing me. I’ve got lots of great “life after people” shots of things that aren’t exactly abandoned.

Damn…that just reminded me of some film I had wanted to consider for this contest. Definitely need to do this one again..

clouddancer
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore. I think I specified the wrong one, though. Sorry to be a pain. Should have been more specific probably.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Did I pull the wrong one? If so, I can put it back. And also if so, what would you rather I delete?

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’d like to second (third?) the vote for doing this one again…

good stuff, and I’ve still got a bunch in the archive.

I love this particular topic. It’s actually something I do pretty regularly just for me. Our living room is decorated with photos I’ve done, and a significant percentage are collapsing barns. In fact, the one I entered is also on the wall.

The other decorations in the living room are old cameras (Brownies, others) on small shelves. I don’t think any are operational (except for the old Polaroid)… wait… that’s a different thread…

olavf
    Participant

orionid I hear ya. All things considered, even a misdemeanor trespass charge is something I’d rather not risk right now. And something like breaking into the railyards is just right out =/

clouddancer
    Participant

Did I pull the wrong one? If so, I can put it back. And also if so, what would you rather I delete?

I wanted the Dart one with the gas tank in front of it, the one with the moss on the trunk. The other one, the one with the front view, I wanted deleted. I’ve reposted the one I want.

Edited for clarity. Yeesh I can’t make sense tonight.

orionid
    Participant

Elsinore, I believe fiveyearswinter: farm6.static.flickr.com image 640×348 is a mild HDR. The photo itself has very faint, almost sublime hints of tonemapping, but his filename on flickr is pretty much textbook from any HDR program.

Kestrana
    Participant

I love this theme and wish I could have done some dedicated pics for it. Damn life got in the way though.

Unfortunately I just didn’t have time to go out and shoot stuff this week.

I wish I had time to really go explore for this contest but the pesky real world got in my way.

And I’m in the same boat. We’re definitely gonna have to do this one again at some point.

I can’t tell you how many things I’ve seen while out riding my cycle in the country where I thought, “That’d make a great entry for an abandoned/seen better days contest, I need to photograph that sometime.” And of course sometime never came so here I am with archive entries (and weak ones at that, IMO).

There’s some similar themes we’ve done before like Silent Decay that are old enough to come up again as classics.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I wanted the Dart one with the gas tank in front of it, the one with the moss on the trunk. The other one, the one with the front view, I wanted deleted. I’ve reposted the one I want.

Edited for clarity. Yeesh I can’t make sense tonight.

Ok I restored the original of the gas tank one and deleted the front view of the Dart. Double check and make sure what’s in there is what you want.

clouddancer
    Participant

Beautiful! Thank you! Didn’t mean to be so confusing tonight. Sorry. 😳

Elsinore
    Keymaster

n/p. Probably turning in here in a few…7 miles on the bike left me more tired than I expected….

ravnostic
    Participant

TYVM Elsinore!! I don’t think I’d ever asked for a pic delete; was unsure on the protocol. Thanks for the additional information.

I love this theme. I’m all for a redux, under whatever other definition (such as “Silent Decay 2”, as Kes mentioned.)

niagh
    Participant

I’d also love to do this theme (or similar) again. Getting photos for this was really fun (though the mosquitoes were not so fun, hopefully I’ll remember to bring some OFF! next time …).

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘07-06-11 – Abandon All Hope 2: Life After People’ is closed to new replies.