08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

I would like thank ravonistic for the earworm in tonight’s thread. I love the entry, it’s brilliant, but damn you for making me sing that song all.freaking.night.long.

/but that won’t keep the boys from making a buck or two

ravnostic
    Participant

I would like thank ravnostic for the earworm in tonight’s thread. I love the entry, it’s brilliant, but damn you for making me sing that song all.freaking.night.long.

/but that won’t keep the boys from making a buck or two

Meah. You think you got problems? I’ve had that song in my head now for two farkin’ days!!

/they mix ’em up right in the kitchen sink

ravnostic
    Participant

p.s. thanks for the compliment, though ‘brilliant’ may be a bit over the top (unless you mean ‘illuminated’, of course).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I could really use a consensus on continental_sausage’s gun fingers. I’ve already removed some stuff that wasn’t in a weaponized context. This is a bit more gray since it’s fingers held in imitation of a weapon, but neither toy, model, nor actual weapon.

ravnostic
    Participant

You know, if he hadn’t said ‘bang’, I’d let it go under ‘martial arts’ grounds (it’s what I thought before reading the caption). But he did. Nice photo, though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm hadn’t considered the martial arts angle, either…

sleeping
    Participant

I could really use a consensus on continental_sausage’s gun fingers. I’ve already removed some stuff that wasn’t in a weaponized context. This is a bit more gray since it’s fingers held in imitation of a weapon, but neither toy, model, nor actual weapon.

I don’t have a problem with it.

orionid
    Participant

I like the hand gun.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay thanks guys

cameraflage
    Participant

In case anybody was wondering…

Yes, this is the largest model I currently own. I took the gun outside, set it up on a couple of chairs and shot out over my Amish neighbor’s fields (at one point he and his kids came over to ask what the heck I was doing – I think I’m beginning to worry him). I ran a section of plastic hose up into the breech of the gun and plugged it into my airbrush air compressor, then poured baby powder down the barrel. I hit the shutter button while turning on the compressor. I had hoped to try some other shots, like slowing down the shutter speed and placing some figures in the foreground, but I managed to damage some of the delicate bits of the gun and decided to take it back into my secret underground weapons lab for repairs.

The cool thing about Leopold is that I’ve actually touched this gun at Aberdeen. It is HUGE. I’m really interested to see how they move it from Maryland to Virginia. Even though it’s on rails, it will likely be disassembled and moved in pieces. Its new home will be indoors, away from the elements.

orionid
    Participant

Just awesome, Cameraflage/RangerJoe. Wow.

zincprincess
    Participant

I’ve got nothing for this contest. I might get inspired after the tot goes to bed, but right now I have no ideas.

You have tots? Then you have stuffed animoos. Hold one hostage at knifepoint. 😉

Done and done.

Still looking for #3.

orionid
    Participant

Just a couple of b’s. At least the ones I had on Flickr already. Something tells me I’m probably exposed to this sort of thing a little more than most. I dunno.

Hellcat

Flex.

Mighty Mo’

Ghost Fleet

Corn on the COB

Get Back (v. 2)

Apache

Hellcat II

Trench Warfare

mopsy
    Participant
    cameraflage wrote:

In case anybody was wondering…

Yes, this is the largest model I currently own. I took the gun outside, set it up on a couple of chairs and shot out over my Amish neighbor’s fields (at one point he and his kids came over to ask what the heck I was doing – I think I’m beginning to worry him). I ran a section of plastic hose up into the breech of the gun and plugged it into my airbrush air compressor, then poured baby powder down the barrel. I hit the shutter button while turning on the compressor. I had hoped to try some other shots, like slowing down the shutter speed and placing some figures in the foreground, but I managed to damage some of the delicate bits of the gun and decided to take it back into my secret underground weapons lab for repairs.

I think you should have used this picture for the contest. LOL

nobigdeal
    Participant
    mopsy wrote:

I think you should have used this picture for the contest. LOL

I agree!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 174 total)
  • The topic ‘08-25-10 – The Book of Armaments’ is closed to new replies.