09-01-10 – Waterscapes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-01-10 – Waterscapes

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Wow this thread is looking freaking amazing!! I’m loving the b-sides too.

Also, happy anniversary Kestrana! I’m in love with your part of WA and I love to see what you’ll post each week.

Thanks to everyone!

There were a lot of amazing photo opportunities there, but I live in Connecticut now. It’s a great place to visit though, if you ever get the chance.

olavf
    Participant

Olavf, they’re loading fine so far. Is JK using your server tonight?

Thanks. I seem to have been having what was, at best, and intermittent issue. I changed a few things and it’s quieted down, so I decided to go for it and see what happens. It was giving me fits last week, and I thought I solved it Monday (beat the hell out of it Monday night) and yesterday it was being persnickety again. Hopefully it’s happy now.

Kat’s not – I asked if she wouldn’t mind hosting off-site, since I wanted to flutz with it when I got home from work – she had to run off right at posting time, or she may have waited. Are her pics having a problem?

orionid
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

They’re currently loading fine for me.

orionid
    Participant

They’re currently loading fine for me.

Likewise.

Kestrana
    Participant

I don’t usually post b-sides but this might explain why I wanted to do this theme: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kestrana/sets/72157623417792775/

olavf
    Participant

Thanks guys. It seems to be relatively stable. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when we go green, I guess 😛

SilverStag
    Participant

I can’t believe I forgot this one:

Orange downstream by pjern, on Flickr

That’s the trouble with having 20,000 photos on file, I can’t remember where they are any more – or what they are, sometimes.

olavf
    Participant

I can’t believe I forgot this one:

That’s the trouble with having 20,000 photos on file, I can’t remember where they are any more – or what they are, sometimes.

I keep meaning to go back and add keyword text files to all my folders for easy searching, but I have thus far failed to do so.

At least my directories are by date, and event/location =P

lokisbong
    Participant

Epic is right. and congrats on the anniversary Kestrana. awesome idea this week.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

My B’s here. As always, I welcome input on selection choices. I was pretty solid on my first two, but waffled back and forth between the Chicago pic, the silhouetted Liberty Island, and the Epcot heron/pond.

Comments on other B’s:
    rav: I think you made the right choices, although I may have gone with your first B over your last entry, depending on my mood at the time. I really like the red of the rocks there.
    zincprincess: I like both of your B’s. If forced to choose, I may have run them in place of the first two, but it would be a difficult choice.
    sleeping: I think you could’ve gotten some good mileage out of that IR shot. And the sunset is just gorgeous in that last B. Another set of tough decisions.
    Kestrana and orionid: I’m not even going there! I thought I had difficult choices this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I seem to have been having what was, at best, and intermittent issue.

I’ve noticed intermittent problems the last two contests. Sometimes red X’s and sometimes properly sized frames with no pics. I’ll keep an eye out this week and let you know if I see it again.

olavf
    Participant

I seem to have been having what was, at best, and intermittent issue.

I’ve noticed intermittent problems the last two contests. Sometimes red X’s and sometimes properly sized frames with no pics. I’ll keep an eye out this week and let you know if I see it again.

I’d appreciate that. I *thought* I’d narrowed it down to a RAM issue. And, I literally beat the hell out of it Monday night – Lotsa pic linking around TF, plus offering up a 200MB .avi file – and it went through all that just fine. yesterday it was occasionally being flaky again, so I dunno. I tweaked some stuff that seems to have made things better again, but if it’s not that… I’ll be on my second motherboard in four months, and/or reloading the OS in case something just got corrupted =P

cameraflage
    Participant

B-sides from the Amish Frontier…

Amish pond…
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/cameraflage/Internet%20use/water_barnreflex.jpg

Crater Lake, Oregon…
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/cameraflage/Internet%20use/water_craterlake.jpg

The hippie guy was shot on Ektachrome in about 1995.

National Falls was near the site of the Jeep Incident
    http://www.nls.net/mp/cameraflage/oregon_4_jeep.html

The Maroon Bells are just really cool mountains, and I really want to go back there. This was on Ektachrome, too.

Glad to have been a part of something epic.

cameraflage
    Participant

CauseISaidSo, what’s the road like to Toroweap? I’ve always wanted to go there, and the opportunity may present itself next year. I assume you camped there?

Awesome shot.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘09-01-10 – Waterscapes’ is closed to new replies.