09-02-09 – Colour Popping

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-02-09 – Colour Popping

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

well i just did one and it looked a lot better in my head.

may not have time for this but is it within the rules to use opacity as you move toward the outer edges? in other words i want the center to really pop and the object border less so. the complete object will still pop from the background.

There’s really nothing in the rules that prohibits that, but I think if it were to look too extreme, then it wouldn’t be in keeping with the spirit of the rules. If you’re doing that technique and it’s more subtle, it’d probably be fine. I think when the rules were revised, we were also going for less emphasis on specific tools that can/can’t be used and more emphasis on the results of those tools.

Curious
    Participant

thanks Elsinore. i couldn’t get that trick to work like i wanted and used another picture instead. tonight’s “rose” entry was were it might have made a difference by concentrating the popping factor in the center. i’m happy with how it turned out anyway.

it will be interesting to see what other have done. i uploaded 4 and haven’t made the final cull yet.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay folks; Fark wasn’t cooperating with swampa.

Linky is here: http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4613978

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks swampa for getting us to learn yet another technique. What fun. I was like a little kid with a new coloring book. It ranks right up there with HDR, panorama, and tilt-shift.

U-Man
    Participant
    justkat
    Participant

I’m going to be lazy about my b-side links… have ’em all at once, folks!

http://65.78.140.207/gallery2/main.php/v/Kat_Galleries/farktography/090902/b-sides/

I really had fun with this. 😀

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Nice work from thepostess! I especially like the Scrabble.

thepostess
    Participant

Thank you. *blush*

It actually got Explored on Flickr.

justkat
    Participant

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Ally_9509aa.jpg

omg that is some serious cuteness!

btw – the one with the lizard… was the color version of that a b-side for the “i for one” contest? I know you’ve shown us that or a frame right before or after*. It is also almost painfully cute. 😀

*either that or i’m having a weird dejavu episode of some kind…

thepostess
    Participant

yes–that child is painfully cute. Absolutely gorgeous.

lokisbong
    Participant

O.M.G. That is sure a cute kid. Very cool.

justkat
    Participant

U-Man – is your daughter always that photogenic or do you just take millions of pictures of her and get lucky a lot? I don’t doubt that she’s beautiful all the time, of course. 🙂

My older daughter (the one in the easter egg picture — it’s from a long time ago, but I couldn’t resist it) is — if my mama’s eyes are correct — gorgeous, but rarely photographs well… that picture was one of the good ones. If a mama can say so herself. 😉

clouddancer
    Participant

justkat, Mama’s ALWAYS get to think that their kids are beautiful. U-Man, the one you linked of your daughters are very cute, especially the one that everyone seems to be talking about here. I really can’t wait the other hour or so to post mine. I’m getting all antsy just waiting and I’m all set up to go, too. I just have to post.

I’m posting 2 of my own kid too (when the time comes, of course). Despite being the little rascal that he is (aren’t they always at 3?) he can be a lot of fun, and is mostly photogenic (or so I think so).

U-Man
    Participant

Wow. Maybe I should have used that pic of daughter #3 in the heart shirt. I personally like that photo – but I thought it might be too odd of a perspective to be liked by the ‘general public’. I was doing something with a wide-angle lens where I was laying on my back and she came over. I snapped a few pics and she left.

I like how it came out like a giant headed caricature.

‘Kat – Of the three girls, she’s #2 on the photogenic list. The bubble girl is actually #3 right now. This one is #1

But they’re still hard to get great pics of – so, I do take millions and get lucky now and then. 🙂

justkat
    Participant

U-Man – they’re all gorgeous, good work (with the dad-juice and the photography lol)! My younger daughter tends to photograph better. This isn’t actually the best example, but it’s one of the most recent…

devilish little thing, ain’t she?

/okay, prolly enough of the proud parent show, huh? lol

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘09-02-09 – Colour Popping’ is closed to new replies.