09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep. But it wasn’t instant. *hugs* to Mopsy

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Oh Elsinore, that is so young.
    ((hugs))

On a lighter note, curse you, swampa2! I shoulda gone with Gumby.

Curious
    Participant

ravnostic i had meant to give you some compensation green fly wise but at 500 pixels it won’t get the votes.

that’s my story and i’m sticking to it. my paid hosting seems to have changed some stuff and either i can’t login to cpanel or a i get a new design cpanel which will let me upload the images but not grab the image URL later.

so, since i really wanted to play tonight, i put the images on flickr and man is that messed up. scratchpad gives me “throwing away unfetchable …” and the “grab URL” thing fark doesn’t seem to like any better. the “http/bbcode” URL only gives you the 500 pixel wide not the 640 one.

not a good evening.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

When you ask for the html code, there’s a box on there to change to your original size (if you have flickr pro). You’ll want the original if you upload a fark size image.

orionid
    Participant

I can host for you. I’ll pm my email if you’re interested.

ETA: Nevermind, I see that you’ve already posted.

Curious
    Participant

When you ask for the html code, there’s a box on there to change to your original size (if you have flickr pro). You’ll want the original if you upload a fark size image.

so there is. please delete my 500 pixel ones. thanks, i’m reentering with the 640 ones.

and thanks for the offer orionid. looks like i won’t need it now.

Elsinore the ones to take out start here.
    Curious [TotalFark] Quote 2010-09-22 09:57:55 PM

Curious
    Participant

ravnostic i had meant to give you some compensation green fly wise but at 500 pixels it won’t get the votes.

and now thanks to Elsinore you’re in trouble 🙂

actually you have a better green fly shot than i’ve been able to get so far. tonight’s was a lucky fluke with the green eyes adding to the green china berries. my shot from above green fly photos aren’t as good as yours either.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em Curious

Curious
    Participant

thanks

caradoc
    Participant

Good thoughts and well-wishes for Mr. Mopsy.

(and I hope the grass stains were worth it for my #2 entry…)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Things in real life have been keeping me pretty busy lately, so I just wanted to drop in tonight and say “Hey!” to everybody.

U-Man, I’ll keep your dad in my prayers. Best wishes for a speedy recovery (and an abundance of patience for Mopsy!)

rav, I almost went out and shot something just like your string of green stoplights! Lack of time was the only thing that kept me from it. Great minds and all that, eh?

orionid, really like the soda can ‘a’ and peacock ‘b’. Also, pretty cool going on the hacks you’ve posted about lately.

One of the things that’s keeping me busy is that my youngest’s football season started. I always shoot the games and share the photos with the team parents, so I decided this year to take it up a notch and create my own website for it. While I was doing that, I went ahead and made it a place to host all of my farktography entries, too. If anyone cares to take a gander and give me feedback on it, it would be much appreciated. You can start with my bees page for this contest or here’s the home page.

Oh, and just to be upfront about it, I do have Google adsense running on it. (I really don’t think it’ll make any significant earnings; I’m just hoping maybe it’ll cover hosting costs.) If you have adblock, I’d be interested on hearing if it screws with the layout.

ravnostic
    Participant

and now thanks to Elsinore you’re in trouble 🙂

actually you have a better green fly shot than i’ve been able to get so far. tonight’s was a lucky fluke with the green eyes adding to the green china berries. my shot from above green fly photos aren’t as good as yours either.

In trouble? Huh? What’d I do?

And over 100 pictures of that fly went into getting one (well, at least two that I had to choose from) that I liked enough to post. I’m not too concerned about the voting; there’s too much good competition this week. I had a ton of ‘bee’s.

Incidently, the shot with the water drops (and the fly, too for that matter) was with the A. Darlot lens. It’s actually turned 90 degrees–it was taken about 7:15 am in the morning light. Those water spheres are very very tiny things (used the 70mm for the camera lens portion of the setup); I’ll have to take a ruler measurement and figure out just how small those drops really are. That’s the shot that I would *like* to see do well.

U-Man
    Participant

Cause’

1 – Thanks for the support
    2 – In HS, a teammate’s dad photographed our soccer matches. He developed the pics himself and printed them out as 8 x 10 glossy black and white prints. At the end of season banquet, we got to take our pics home. I still have mine.
    3 – I briefly checked out your site using Firefox with Adblock. When I clicked a pic to enlarge, it popped-to-larger half off of the screen. I had to scroll to see all of it. I don’t know if that is normal, but I found it a bit odd.

heh – check out the mid 80’s shorts on number 11. 🙂

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farkphotoshop/Scan0035.jpg

Also, while in the ‘scanned photos’ file I ran across this gem of my eldest as a 1.5 year old dracula. (yes, she still has giant dimples)

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farkphotoshop/Lily0010.jpg

swampa
    Participant

On a lighter note, curse you, swampa2! I shoulda gone with Gumby.

Bwhahahahaha. I saw your photo eariler and knew I had to get mine in quick 😛 (I did have it prepared last night, so I can claim I wasn’t doing it to spite you. Never can have too much lasers though :D)

justkat
    Participant

Hey, U-Man, sorry to hear about U-Man Mark.1 Glad to hear he’s doing okay now. I had a clot in my arm Feb ’09, utterly not fun.

On another note, I wanted to brag about something since I certainly can’t brag about my submissions lol. Olav’s “envy” picture…. he was setting her up, describing a situation to her where she might feel very envious, and she was sort of getting it, but wasn’t really emoting all that strongly. Then — using special mama powers — I said “Somebody just met Rosalina” (nintendo character). She gasped and made that face and started shaking with envious rage. I nailed it. It was hilarious.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2’ is closed to new replies.