09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photos with a dominant green theme.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, orionid!

Curious
    Participant

i like this. and have tons of archives that will work. but better still it’s green here (duh) and there’s so much more to shoot.

now it’s afternoon and i did some shooting. and really like at least one of the 68 images i took. actually i like a couple but will have to see what else might happen before wednesday and what i find in the archives.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I need a ruling on this photo, is this green enough?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21883298@N08/5004955717/

I’m not using this one, but rather another one from the same shoot, it’s very similar.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s fine. There’s always been two schools of thought with these color themes. One is that the color should take up the majority of the image real estate. The other is that the color may actually make up a fairly small portion of the image, but your eye is drawn to it. Both interpretations have counted in the past.

olavf
    Participant

lol. True enough Elsinore.

/I’m probably going to have one from both camps =P

ennuipoet
    Participant

Err, what about “Green” as a philosophy? For example this fellow

is about as Green as one can get, but there is no green in the photograph. I’ve a whole series taken from NYC’s Veggie Pride Parade, these folks are so green they make me look like Glenn Beck.

ravnostic
    Participant

ennui I thought about this, too. FWIW, I came to the conclusion that environmentally ‘green’ was neo-green, rather than ‘classic’ green. Which isn’t to say I’m going with old green things (though I did snap some shots of my dad’s 1955 Holiday 98 Olds, which is green, JIC).

orionid
    Participant

I’d say if you’re willing to risk it with the voters, I’ll allow it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’d say if you’re willing to risk it with the voters, I’ll allow it.

Thanks, I’ve a couple of more traditional shots that I plan on using, but opening up for the Vegans leaves me with some interesting prospects for #3.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d say it fits in the most technical terms, but you may have to explain the entry for voters. (insert debate here over explaining entries vs photos speaking for themselves) But yeah, if you want to go that route, I’m ok with it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I decided to go the safer route and use a photo of the event with green in it (it was harder than one might think to find green at the event) thus eliminating both argument and confusion. I did weigh heavily using either the guy above or the Vegan Family

ravnostic
    Participant

Isn’t that one of the Baldwin brothers?

😆

caradoc
    Participant

Isn’t that one of the Baldwin brothers?

Adam Baldwin, probably best known for his role as “Jayne Cobb” on “Firefly” and then “Serenity.” I remember first seeing him in “Full Metal Jacket” and “My Bodyguard,” but I don’t remember which I saw first.

Kestrana
    Participant

He was in Independence Day!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And The Patriot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2’ is closed to new replies.