09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

And he’s now on “Chuck” (NBC, Monday nights, cute series.)

justkat
    Participant

As usual, I wait until I think I have all my pix before I re-read the contest rules. Whew! My pix are either dominantly green or have a green subject; I’m okay! =P

Although I’m going to tank badly this week. Unless I come up with something in the next 27 hours or so that has a lot more grab than anything I have already…. Oh well.

I usually love color contests, I don’t know why this one stumped me so.

U-Man
    Participant

I usually love color contests, I don’t know why this one stumped me so.

I’m uninspired as well. But I’m sure that sometime between now and tomorrow I’ll find something.

btw – Mr. Mopsy (grandpa U-Man) experienced a sudden cold, very painful leg a few days ago. Turns out he has an aneurysm behind his knee (popliteal artery) and it clotted – sending off a shower of clots to the small arteries in his foot. He had surgery and is recovering OK (grumpy, but OK) but any sort of good thoughts headed toward Green Bay would be appreciated.

ravnostic
    Participant

btw – Mr. Mopsy (grandpa U-Man) experienced a sudden cold, very painful leg a few days ago. Turns out he has an aneurysm behind his knee (popliteal artery) and it clotted – sending off a shower of clots to the small arteries in his foot. He had surgery and is recovering OK (grumpy, but OK) but any sort of good thoughts headed toward Green Bay would be appreciated.

/best wishes for a speedy recovery for him. Blood clots suck. 🙁

I can’t say I haven’t been inspired, but (after thinking I was done) I found a(nother) green fly this morning.

Flies are difficult fuggers to pin down. They don’t sit still for lenses 3 inches from the multi-eyed little faces. That said, I kinda like this one that ‘got away’, as he wasn’t quite quick enough to do so completely without detection.

I’m damned tempted to use it in the contest, but I think I eventually captured better.

olavf
    Participant

Oh crap. clots aren’t good in any circumstance and leg ones are scary 🙁

I’m glad to hear he’s recovering well, and doubly glad it wasn’t on the ventricular side. Many good thoughts sent his way.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Sorry to hear that, U-man. Best wishes to Mr. Mopsy for a full and speedy recovery.
    A health scare like that makes my problem insignificant in comparison, but if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Please see my gallery post “HEPL!” for details.

linguine
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant

Prayers for Mr. Mopsy.

Elsinore, would this get in trouble as nsfw http://www.flickr.com/photos/guine/3454339186/in/set-72157622386003677/

Pedo Bear approves.

sleeping
    Participant

A couple B sides from out in the woods

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awrose/5002281141/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/awrose/5002886814/

And this one which I like a lot, but doesn’t work real well at 640px wide:

Delaney Flood Control Site

Elsinore
    Keymaster

U-man: That’s scary about your Dad. Aneurysm is what got my Mom at 34. I’m glad your Dad’s ok, and he can have all the good vibes I can muster.

linguine: That’s fine

Contest Linky: http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=5642233

orionid
    Participant
    linguine
    Participant

Pedo Bear approves.

Judging by the spike in views for my statue picture that none of my other entries has gotten pedo bear may be working overtime.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

my B side

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21883298@N08/5005846253/

I actually shot a lot of pics of this truck, but this one was judged the best by my wife. I still didn’t use it. I would have liked it to not have the logo on it, but it is a delivery truck for a brewery.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Good wished to your dad U-Man! Scary stuff

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks for the support. I’ll share it with Mopsy. She is going to have her hands full the next few weeks taking care of Mr. Grumpy.

Elsinore, I didn’t know that. I know it was a while ago, but I’m sorry you went through that. Brain aneurysm?

Carpe diem, people.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2’ is closed to new replies.