09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    LeicaLens
    Participant

Didn’t really have anything spectacular for this one (unlike Soosh‘s aurora shots he’s just put up. Wow!). It was a surprisingly difficult theme, I thought, in spite of all the green around us.
    Some good entries, and quite a few that made me smile (I’m looking at you, olavf, and your green hard-hats.

A few b-sides:
    http://flic.kr/p/8Dhbcz
    http://flic.kr/p/8Dhbap
    http://flic.kr/p/8Dkhh9
    http://flic.kr/p/8DkhfU

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

U-Man: 2 – In HS, a teammate’s dad photographed our soccer matches. He developed the pics himself and printed them out as 8 x 10 glossy black and white prints. At the end of season banquet, we got to take our pics home. I still have mine.
    That’s pretty cool of him and kinda the reason I do it. It gives all of the parents a chance to see or print shots of their kid in action that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to get.

U-Man: 3 – I briefly checked out your site using Firefox with Adblock. When I clicked a pic to enlarge, it popped-to-larger half off of the screen. I had to scroll to see all of it. I don’t know if that is normal, but I found it a bit odd.
    First, thanks for looking. But yeah, that’s on my bug list. I think I’m going to have to switch to another popup implementation.

U-Man: heh – check out the mid 80’s shorts on number 11. 🙂
    Ha! One might think that shorts being such a simple piece of garb wouldn’t be a good indicator of time period, but one would be wrong. See also NBA shorts from the ’70s. 🙂

LeicaLens
    Participant

CauseISaidSo
    I had a quick look at your site. I have adblock enabled, but it seemed to be mostly okay. The only problem was that when I clicked on some of the thumbnails to enlarge, they opened to the bottom right of the screen, cutting off the the bottom edge of the picture. I had to drag them up to the centre.
    The top row of thumbnails seemed okay, they opened in the centre of the page. It was only the ones below that that opened in a wonky way.

/btw, I liked your first firework b-side a lot

justkat
    Participant

And to think… the groundcover pic was the one I was considering not using… =

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

I don’t know if the mods check this more than the thread so I’m asking again. My post of 07:59:05 AM has a deleted: broken/missing image note on it. Can I repost?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just saw your message. Reposting from the thread:

Yep. And for the record, if it’s a case of the link hiccuping and coming back later, the original post can be restored. It doesn’t look like that’s the case with yours, though, so you’re welcome to repost.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore, this is the second time it’s happened and with my best entry of the week.
    Is it possible to delete the broken one and carry over the votes?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I had a quick look at your site…
    /btw, I liked your first firework b-side a lot

Thanks, LeicaLens, both for the site feedback and the firework shot comment. The last time I ran a firework shot (All Night Long), it did OK, not great, so I didn’t consider it too highly this time. As it’s looking now, perhaps that was a mistake (although all 3 of mine are doing “OK” so I can’t complain too much, I reckon.)

olavf
    Participant

Didn’t really have anything spectacular for this one (unlike Soosh‘s aurora shots he’s just put up. Wow!). It was a surprisingly difficult theme, I thought, in spite of all the green around us.
    Some good entries, and quite a few that made me smile (I’m looking at you, olavf, and your green hard-hats.

Thanks 😀 I was rather surprised to see them too. And they were moving so quickly I had to chase them down…

Kinda surprised no one got/liked my ‘envy’ shot though. Oh, well.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

swampa, no worries. It’s a great shot. Is that guy playing a home-made keytar?
    Nice turnout for this contest. Good jorb, all.

Curious
    Participant

for me this was a great contest. i like green to begin with and there were lots and lots of great shots. i’ve never voted for so many entries.

orionid
    Participant

orionid, really like the soda can ‘a’ and peacock ‘b’. Also, pretty cool going on the hacks you’ve posted about lately.

Thanks much!

And awesome stuff from everyone this week!

orionid
    Participant

‘Cause, took a look at your site from work (IE 7 with no plugins), and looked good. No bugs as far as I could tell, no “chopped” images on opening. Haven’t looked at it yet at home (Chrome, one instance with adblock, and one without). Keep up the good work.

orionid
    Participant

— Accidental double post —
    Mods, feel free to delete.

Curious
    Participant

One of the things that’s keeping me busy is that my youngest’s football season started. I always shoot the games and share the photos with the team parents, so I decided this year to take it up a notch and create my own website for it. While I was doing that, I went ahead and made it a place to host all of my farktography entries, too. If anyone cares to take a gander and give me feedback on it, it would be much appreciated. You can start with my bees page for this contest or here’s the home page.

Oh, and just to be upfront about it, I do have Google adsense running on it. (I really don’t think it’ll make any significant earnings; I’m just hoping maybe it’ll cover hosting costs.) If you have adblock, I’d be interested on hearing if it screws with the layout.

i’m late to the party here but 2 observations:

1) i hate you and all the others that have websites that are far better than mine. you guys and gals have demonstrated time and time again that i’m a lazy hack by producing the type of site i only dream of.

2) FF with adblock handled your football slideshow with no problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘09-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Green 2’ is closed to new replies.