11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

Poker night tonight, and haven’t put together the photos…have them all selected and some pre-edited, but no compilations. Let’s hope drunk me can pull out some artistic stuff without falling asleep before posting time.

olavf
    Participant

Rav it always seems to come down to the cat, doesn’t it? 🙂

I’ve got one, and am mulling a second. Maybe I’ll see something today to make a late second or third. It’s happened before…

U-Man
    Participant

I was trying to get a front – middle – end trip of my cat last. But she was too fast and wouldn’t keep her tail lifted for the ‘end’ shot. :/

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Ok – I have internet. Now all I have to do is remember to log in at 8pm. O_O

Kestrana
    Participant

I think we’re in competition for “longest theme thread before contest open” here.

The Mayan temple antics didn’t help that 😀

sleeping
    Participant

Also, we’re going to have to sacrifice some of the low vote-getters to propitiate Huitzilopochtli….

U-Man
    Participant

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/propitiate

Nice word. I’m going to try to use it today.

kashari
    Participant

I thought I was going to stick with mine too but I reworked one and made another today.

😡 I swore I was going to stop, then noticed I’d messed up some borders by a pixel or two…ugh. So then I started messing around with a panel I didn’t like after looking at it today…DAMN IT!! I’m so behind on everything else and haven’t even grocery shopped yet. I’ll be glad once my entries are in so I quit fussing! 😆

As for the Mayan temple, you can’t trust us kids left to their our own devices! 😈

orionid
    Participant

I think even without the mayan temple antics, it shatters the old record of 7 or 8 pages.

Kestrana
    Participant

Also, we’re going to have to sacrifice some of the low vote-getters to propitiate Huitzilopochtli….

I like it. I wouldn’t suggest eating their flesh to take their powers though, we have enough trouble with fark voters as it is.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I really wasn’t sure I’d have time to shoot for this one, what with Thanksgiving preparations, a toy drive, and PTA fundraising stuff getting in the way. But I finally got a chance. Will probably be late posting, but that’s been the case for me for awhile now. Sooooo….who the hell’s bright idea was it to schedule this theme right before Thanksgiving when everyone’s so busy?

Uhhhh oh yeah…
    😳

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Yoyo
    Participant

Can someone en-vote-ify my 3rd entry? Somehow I forgot to check the box on that one.

Farktographer
    Participant

Already loving the shots, everyone.

My tree one was my last-minute shot that I got in last night. After 4 days of crappy weather, I was walking home and the skies cleared – so happy I’ve been bringing my camera to the lab with me every day. I was laying on the ground for some of the shots, having a bright, BRIGHT flash go off, and I swear dozens of people were staring at me, some wondering what was wrong with me, others no doubt questioning whether they just weren’t seeing something I was =D

Loved this competition, great suggestion U-man!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Y’all really brought it tonight! Well, time to go work on D&D!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits’ is closed to new replies.