11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

So we’re all on the same page, right?

Right. And cars are alive, right?

They consume, they excrete, they are mobile, modern ones even have brains that think

They still don’t reproduce though.

wanna bet?

Until I see little Smart cars waddling away, it didn’t happen.

How many nested quotes can we get?

At some point they’ll collapse in on themselves and form a black quote hole.

I wanna see that in a twisted kinda way 😈

A hole from which no substance can escape.

Past the point of no return.

Would it help if we divided by zero?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Just wait until Elsinore gets back.

So will the forum engine start line wrapping the earlier ones at some point?

Wheres my black quote hole?

Improbability passing 10,000 to 1. Passing 100,000 to 1. Passing 1,000,000 to 1. Approaching infinite improbability. Standby.

You know, it kind has that Mayan temple thing goin’ on now. Xtapolopacetl is pleased.

U-Man‘s original post is getting narrower, but not as quickly as I might have thought. Perhaps there’s a quantum effect in force.

Keep going, guys! I think if we compress the first quote enough, we might be able to finally discover the Higgs-Boson.

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

I must get in on this experiment

*crunch*

Well it would seem we are definitely all on the same page now! Question answered U-Man

Woohoo! U-Man’s text shrank.

I wonder if the next nested quote shrinks too.

I wonder what this stepped pyramid looks like in side-elevation…

Are you mad? The human mind can’t cope with that kind of horror!!!

:mrgreen: Hope mrgreen doesn’t break the thread!

This is too funny!

I’d say so, but I’m easily amused.

Simple things for simple minds?

Man, this is still going on,… Shouldn’t you people be out photographing something?

We are approaching the point not even light can escape!

I say we keep moving forward, beyond the event horizon

OK, serious question, though I am keeping the compression going: Can the part of the triptych be non-living? Lemme esplain…no, there is too much, let me sum up, My idea is a triptych close up on one hand fretting/playing guitar, the middle panel of the just the neck and strings no hands and the final trip being the fingers picking/strumming. Does this the inclusion of the center panel without organic matter rule this idea out?

I think you’d better post the question separately, because it’s gonna get buried in the hourglass thingy. 🙂

IMO, if the “subject” of the overall triptych is the guitar, and the hands are just an accessory, then it’s not valid.

*Edit to say: this hourglass should be the standard format of our forums from now on.

{Cheech voice} wow, this is a fuckin’ trip, man. 8)

My bad. =D
    Although, I really don’t feel so bad. It’s great! It’s awesome! Would do business again!

Heh, U-Man’s post got bigger & bolder with your post! 😆

Wow, that is some funky equation of state for forum quotes. When you compress them, they get bigger.

fluffybunny
    Participant

They consume, they excrete, they are mobile, modern ones even have brains that think

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Improbability passing 10,000 to 1. Passing 100,000 to 1. Passing 1,000,000 to 1. Approaching infinite improbability. Standby.

You know, it kind has that Mayan temple thing goin’ on now. Xtapolopacetl is pleased.

U-Man‘s original post is getting narrower, but not as quickly as I might have thought. Perhaps there’s a quantum effect in force.

Keep going, guys! I think if we compress the first quote enough, we might be able to finally discover the Higgs-Boson.

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

Well it would seem we are definitely all on the same page now! Question answered U-Man

This is too funny!

Man, this is still going on,… Shouldn’t you people be out photographing something?

OK, serious question, though I am keeping the compression going: Can the part of the triptych be non-living? Lemme esplain…no, there is too much, let me sum up, My idea is a triptych close up on one hand fretting/playing guitar, the middle panel of the just the neck and strings no hands and the final trip being the fingers picking/strumming. Does this the inclusion of the center panel without organic matter rule this idea out?

I think you’d better post the question separately, because it’s gonna get buried in the hourglass thingy. 🙂

IMO, if the “subject” of the overall triptych is the guitar, and the hands are just an accessory, then it’s not valid.

*Edit to say: this hourglass should be the standard format of our forums from now on.

My bad. =D
    Although, I really don’t feel so bad. It’s great! It’s awesome! Would do business again!

Wow, that is some funky equation of state for forum quotes. When you compress them, they get bigger.

So has anybody played with the time domain for this thing? Go to page 7 (or any page where the pyramid constitutes most of the posts) and scroll up or down rapidly (I hold on to the scroll bar to do it best). Warning, not for epileptics, pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, people with heat disease or back injuries.

Farktographer
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

This is too funny!

My bad. =D

So has anybody played with the time domain for this thing? Go to page 7 (or any page where the pyramid constitutes most of the posts) and scroll up or down rapidly (I hold on to the scroll bar to do it best). Warning, not for epileptics, pregnant women, women who may become pregnant, people with heat disease or back injuries.

That just gave me a headache…

orionid
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

This is too funny!

My bad. =D

+1

Farktographer
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

This is too funny!

My bad. =D

+1

Feels like it’s getting SO CLOSE now…

Yoyo
    Participant

Close to what? The Cliffs of Insanity? Dividing by zero? Tearing a whole in the fabric of the interwebs?

You know, those don’t sound too bad as theme ideas, but alas this is the wrong forum for that. Not that you guys haven’t already derailed this thread like a cow on the rail line from Mumbai to Jabalpur.

Yugoboy
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

This is too funny!

My bad. =D

+1

My computer screen is 1366×768, and the last 2 quotes finally pushed the browser window to needing a lateral scroll bar.
    The final question… when will the madness end?

orionid
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

This is too funny!

My bad. =D

+1

My computer screen is 1366×768, and the last 2 quotes finally pushed the browser window to needing a lateral scroll bar.
    The final question… when will the madness end?

I dunno, it already brokeded my window and continues to grow like a primordial ooze.

staplermofo
    Participant

All is for your glory Lord Huitzilopochtli!
    *cuts out heart, throws body*

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Eeep!

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Splat.

olavf
    Participant

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Eeep!

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Splat.

/ftfy

staplermofo
    Participant

/ftfy

I spent 3 minutes trying to find what you fixed, then my left ciliary cramped.

kashari
    Participant

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Eeep!

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Splat.

/ftfy

😆 @ the both of you. Scrolling this is wacky!

Kestrana
    Participant

Stories of Aztecan human sacrifice are overrated. But if you’re going to do it, you need to eat the heart, light the body on fire after removing the liver and testicles, THEN throw it down the stairs.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Eeep!

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Splat.

/ftfy

😆 @ the both of you. Scrolling this is wacky!

I think I’ve been misquoted here. Just sayin’ 😆

nobigdeal
    Participant

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Eeep!

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Thump

Splat.

HAHAHAH!!! Awesome

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits’ is closed to new replies.