12-08-10 – Optimus Prime

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-08-10 – Optimus Prime

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, I really like the Optimus Prime shot. I laughed when I saw it.

Thanks! I really figured there’d be a lot of Optimus Primes.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I just have ONE question for everyone who posted a macro/close shot of their cats (Rav!) howinhell did you convince the cat to stay still long enough to compose and shoot? My cats SEE a camera and they become furry blurs.

ravnostic
    Participant

I just have ONE question for everyone who posted a macro/close shot of their cats (Rav!) howinhell did you convince the cat to stay still long enough to compose and shoot? My cats SEE a camera and they become furry blurs.

He’s a camera whore.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

He’s ready for the vote whoring theme 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Indeed!

ravnostic
    Participant

p.s., you should see him behind the camera! (And you probably will)

linguine
    Participant

With my cat I usually just put my camera down next to him and pet him for a minute or 2 which usually gets him relaxed and gets some of his desire for attention out of his system so he doesn’t just keep trying to walk over to me.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

What’s up with the voters this week? We’re a full 360 votes down from the last-6-weeks’ votes average for this point in time.

And orionid, how’d you do the vignetting in your Native Spirit? Is that a “feature” of the Holga or did you take specific action to create it? Either way, I really like it.

ravnostic
    Participant

What’s up with the voters this week? We’re a full 360 votes down from the last-6-weeks’ votes average for this point in time.

And orionid, how’d you do the vignetting in your Native Spirit? Is that a “feature” of the Holga or did you take specific action to create it? Either way, I really like it.

You’ve got stats on votes by time? How cool! Is that just a cumulative thing, or can it be done per individual? That’s something I’d like to see.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

You’ve got stats on votes by time? How cool! Is that just a cumulative thing, or can it be done per individual? That’s something I’d like to see.

It’s both, rav. I take a snapshot of the current page values every 15 minutes.

The sample graphs below are all real data from this contest, but right now I’m just exporting the data into Excel and using it to make the graphs. Eventually they’ll be dynamically generated on the website.

You’ve already seen this one. It’s the cumulative total votes (green background, in tens of votes) and the votes cast in any 15-minute period (blue columns):

Here’s the timeline of entrants (farktographers) and entries. Voted entrants/entries means they’ve received at least 1 vote.

Here’s the total vote graph for all contests since I started collecting data. The gray background is the average. You can see that the current contest is well below the average.

And finally, I think this is the one you’re looking for. I shoulda known as a self-identified math “geek” that you might be interested in this graph. It shows an individuals entries (in this case, mine) as they progress over the life of the contest. The positive values are the vote counts and the negative values are the place. I made the place negative so that the graph would have the “normal” view of up = better.

I’ve got contest-level detail starting from contest #286 and entry-level detail for all entries starting from contest #288.

ravnostic
    Participant

^like^

🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It may be that the notion of a prime lens is a bit esoteric for non-photographers. But given this is Farktography, it’s equally likely (and perhaps more) to be the phase of the moon, the alignment of the planets, fruitcake poisoning, El Nino, holiday hangovers, or a butterfly flapping its wings in South America.

ravnostic
    Participant

But given this is Farktography, it’s equally likely (and perhaps more) to be the phase of the moon, the alignment of the planets, fruitcake poisoning, El Nino, holiday hangovers, or a butterfly flapping its wings in South America.

‘snot me; I haven’t poisoned anyone. Lately.

Curious
    Participant

i was tempted to sit this one out. seems the voters agreed.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Part time of year, part Photo-centric theme, I suspect. I know when I start talking photography talk around the Cellphoners (my personal term for those whose idea of photography is cellphone snaphots) their eyes start to glaze over, some begin to drool helplessly while others squirm desperately to get away from me before I start using terms like “depth of field” or god forbid “chromatic abberation”.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 153 total)
  • The topic ‘12-08-10 – Optimus Prime’ is closed to new replies.