Fantasy Football League

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Fantasy Football League

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

Cool… I’m signed up…

When that commercial I mentioned above came on last year, I thought it was a bit extreme. I felt much more sympathetic this year after playing my first season… and with the results I had… it wasn’t JUST injuries (although losing Peyton Manning before week 1 hurt a LOT). but some guys I picked just never stepped up the way the magazines said they would…

N. Suh may be a great player (when he’s not suspended for idiocy) but he didn’t do things which garnered many points.

BY THE WAY… be sure to check out the scoring before choosing players for the playoffs. Unlike our league, return yards don’t count for much, if anything, and players can’t collect points for both individual work AND special teams (so Devin Hester would have been a good pick for our league, but isn’t so great for this one… and a couple of my WRs I picked up for their consistent return yardage…) ANYWAY… scoring’s different and WILL impact your choices.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah it’s a combination of 1) can you pick the right teams that will continue on to the Super Bowl so you get the maximum bonus and 2) can you pick the players on those teams who will put up the most points. Since multiple teams can have the same person it’s really down to your own personal predictions, which I like.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Crap… who’d have thought that Victor Cruz and Micheal Turner between them would be worth 6 whole points. Bleah.

Had a great day yesterday (taking Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston helped a lot, along with Arian Foster’s 29 points).

Today… not so much. Here’s hoping the Steelers’ Defense plays at least as good as the Giants or Houston…

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I made the victor cruz/michael turner mistake, too. Along with Amad Bradshaw for added effect.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Son. Of. A. Bitch!

Who knew Tebow was good for 29 points?

Against the Steelers?

I gotta go back to church… Tebow’s making me a believer again…

Kestrana
    Participant

hah! my lineup was almost the same … Brees, Graham, Colston and Foster, Cruz. I had Redman though. And Steelers D…ouch.

linguine
    Participant

I think its safe to say that was unexpected when even I took the steelers d.

orionid
    Participant

I quit.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m gonna chase it to the end, fully expecting to fall somewhere in the bottom half-million. At least I have a rooting interest in some of the games. I mean… usually, in a Giants-49ers game, I’m just rooting for non-career ending injuries (groin pulls, sprains…). Now, I’m going to replace Turner with Gore and I’ll at least have one person on that field I won’t be rooting to fail.

Kestrana
    Participant

I’m a 49ers fan all the way next week. Hate them Giants.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Not only am I just generically irritated that the 49ers won, now I gotta pick 3 major new players and I lose all the multipliers… while my likelihood of winning was tiny, it’s even more remote now.

I did so much yelling at my TV in the last 4 minutes of that game…

God I hate the 49ers…

Bleah.

orionid
    Participant

387 Days until ring number 7.

Farktographer
    Participant

At least Denver is finally out of it 😆

Kestrana
    Participant

^this!

Yugoboy
    Participant

At least Denver is finally out of it 😆

I counted on Tebow not being able to do it again. Choosing New England’s defense was nearly as easy as choosing Pittsburgh… almost went with Green Bay, though…

If Tebow were a better QB, I’d be more willing to cheer for him. And this isn’t like the “criticism” of Chris Carter (“All he does is catch touchdowns”). Because it’s not like “All he does is win games,” because that’s not all he does… he spends most of the game stinking up the joint, and the last 5 minutes pulling it out of his butt… and not even as often as he should…

Boy needs practice… as does most of his team.

EDIT – As I type, there’s less than 5 minutes left in the packers/Giants and Driver’s just scored to push it to 20-30 Giants.

If next week’s NFC game is NY/SF, I already know I’ll be cheering for whoever wins the NE/Baltimore game in the Super Bowl.

I’m wondering if anyone else noticed a significant increase in fumbles this weekend? There’s been more in 4 games than I can remember seeing in any weekend, including Sunday and Monday night games. It’s like they lubed the balls just for these games (doesn’t help most of those miscues harmed teas I was cheering for).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘Fantasy Football League’ is closed to new replies.