Fantasy Football League

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Fantasy Football League

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

I blame concentration pressure + nerves of post season + you have to have QBs who can get the ball to people to get fumbles but Jacoby Jones’ troubles were totally inexcusable.

orionid
    Participant

At least Denver is finally out of it 😆

I counted on Tebow not being able to do it again. Choosing New England’s defense was nearly as easy as choosing Pittsburgh… almost went with Green Bay, though…

If Tebow were a better QB, I’d be more willing to cheer for him. And this isn’t like the “criticism” of Chris Carter (“All he does is catch touchdowns”). Because it’s not like “All he does is win games,” because that’s not all he does… he spends most of the game stinking up the joint, and the last 5 minutes pulling it out of his butt… and not even as often as he should…

Boy needs practice… as does most of his team.

EDIT – As I type, there’s less than 5 minutes left in the packers/Giants and Driver’s just scored to push it to 20-30 Giants.

If next week’s NFC game is NY/SF, I already know I’ll be cheering for whoever wins the NE/Baltimore game in the Super Bowl.

I’m wondering if anyone else noticed a significant increase in fumbles this weekend? There’s been more in 4 games than I can remember seeing in any weekend, including Sunday and Monday night games. It’s like they lubed the balls just for these games (doesn’t help most of those miscues harmed teas I was cheering for).

One should never route for Baltimore.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m sorry Mr. Steelers Fan, but if it’s a choice between Baltimore and either the Giants or 49ers, I’m rooting for the Baltimorons every single time. As a Cowboys fan, it’s nearly genetic to hate both those other teams. Hate with the heat of a thousand suns…

linguine
    Participant

Unless one is sufficiently awesome.

orionid
    Participant

I’m sorry Mr. Steelers Fan, but if it’s a choice between Baltimore and either the Giants or 49ers, I’m rooting for the Baltimorons every single time. As a Cowboys fan, it’s nearly genetic to hate both those other teams. Hate with the heat of a thousand suns…

It’s not even the fact that I’m a Steeler’s fan. It’s a historical fact. Baltimore announced that they were going to put in a bid for an expansion team. Art Model said (paraphrased) “Despite the fact that we sell out every game, and even raider’s fans won’t travel here because of the rabid fans, the city of Cleveland just isn’t making enough money for me. I think I will move the Browns to a new city. Oh, hey, Baltimore wants a team.”
    The city of Baltimore replies: “Well, you can’t move them here. We’re not going to fuck over another city the way Indy fucked us. We’re still pissed about that.”
    Art Model says: “Fine. I’ll change the name, so it’ll be kinda like getting an expansion team.”
    Baltimore replies: “Nope, still don’t want ’em. New expansion, please.”
    NFL Lawyers step in: “Baltimore – STFU and GTFO. You don’t get a choice. Cleveland, you can STFU, too. You’ll get the Browns back in the next expansion cycle.”
    Cleveland: “Wha….. Wh…. Why do you hate us?”
    Baltimore: “Uhhh…… Cool. We get a team two years sooner than planned. We guess pissing on Cleveland isn’t so bad, given the state of the Cuyahoga River. Thanks, Art!”
    Art Model: “America, Fuck yeah!”

So, yeah. If the Ravens had been an expansion team, I wouldn’t hate them, I would just dislike them. As it is, I pretty much pray daily for a sinkhole to open under their stadium simultaneous with a comet impact, locusts, and a strain of accelerated-growth MRSA to break out during their practice sessions.

linguine
    Participant

It’s not even the fact that I’m a Steeler’s fan. It’s a historical fact. Baltimore announced that they were going to put in a bid for an expansion team. Art Model said (paraphrased) “Despite the fact that we sell out every game, and even raider’s fans won’t travel here because of the rabid fans, the city of Cleveland just isn’t making enough money for me. I think I will move the Browns to a new city. Oh, hey, Baltimore wants a team.”
    The city of Baltimore replies: “Well, you can’t move them here. We’re not going to fuck over another city the way Indy fucked us. We’re still pissed about that.”
    Art Model says: “Fine. I’ll change the name, so it’ll be kinda like getting an expansion team.”
    Baltimore replies: “Nope, still don’t want ’em. New expansion, please.”
    NFL Lawyers step in: “Baltimore – STFU and GTFO. You don’t get a choice. Cleveland, you can STFU, too. You’ll get the Browns back in the next expansion cycle.”
    Cleveland: “Wha….. Wh…. Why do you hate us?”
    Baltimore: “Uhhh…… Cool. We get a team two years sooner than planned. We guess pissing on Cleveland isn’t so bad, given the state of the Cuyahoga River. Thanks, Art!”
    Art Model: “America, Fuck yeah!”

So, yeah. If the Ravens had been an expansion team, I wouldn’t hate them, I would just dislike them. As it is, I pretty much pray daily for a sinkhole to open under their stadium simultaneous with a comet impact, locusts, and a strain of accelerated-growth MRSA to break out during their practice sessions.

And baltimore fans are the bitter ones that need to get over it?

Kestrana
    Participant

The only team I really hate with the fire of a thousand suns is Indy. Was so hoping they’d go 0-17 this year.

sleeping
    Participant

The only team I really hate with the fire of a thousand suns is Indy. Was so hoping they’d go 0-17 this year.

Personally, I was hoping they’d win another game or two and miss out on Luck…

Farktographer
    Participant

I’m pretty indifferent to most teams, but hate HATE the Raiders. I still remember when they’d come to SD every year, one bail bond company would release this ad specifically for them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arv5EVnEG2E

The Pats get on my nerves too, but mainly because every time they play at our stadium, they take up like 70% of the capacity – it’s hard to find fellow Chargers fans. It’s always bad because a lot of people travel to SD for the winter games (would YOU rather be in the cold snow, or the beach?), but New England seems to outnumber the rest every time.

Kestrana
    Participant

Hey buckybacon, linguine, Farktographer and Yugoboy are you in for Fantasy again this year? I already heard from sleeping 🙂

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m in… I got the email, but I can’t seem to figure out how to sign up again… probably a problem with my NoScript or AdBlock. I’m in… I’ll try again… Figured it out… when’s the draft?

I know I figured it out because I chose my keeper and it told me I did it successfully. 😛

linguine
    Participant

Im in.

Farktographer
    Participant

I’m out. Can’t even watch the games here in the UK, plus too busy 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

That opens up a spot in the league then, if anyone wants to join in Farktographer’s spot. stupido looking at you, but first come first served.

Yugoboy
    Participant

So, do we post here or are going to set up a 2012 thread?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘Fantasy Football League’ is closed to new replies.