Fantasy Football League

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Fantasy Football League

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Well there’s no byes until like week 5 or 6 so you’re in the clear for the first couple weeks barring injury. Last year the weekly upkeep took all of about 10 minutes most weeks. Through sheer determination and a lot of (really) dumb luck orionid won last year with about the same amount of effort.

Yugoboy
    Participant

This is my first fantasy league. I like the price of admission, and I hope to do well. I’ll do everything in my ability to do well.

Now, off to finish my wish list.

Yugoboy
    Participant

And for the love of fark, pick a team picture already photographers!

I made one for myself.

Anyone who’s Graphic Design skills aren’t at their photo skills and would like a custom made logo, let me know. Also, let me know your team name, and if necessary, an idea of what you want.

Mine’s pretty obvious, I thinks…

linguine
    Participant

I’ll be there, we just got wifi installed out here!

now I need to check the injury updates… don’t want to be drafting somebody with a ripped ACL…

My first year playing fantasy was the year vick missed with a knee injury and we had someone draft him in the 2nd round despite the injury happening earlier in the week.

And I’m guessing you’ll be able to figure out which team is mine.

orionid
    Participant

Last year I picked up roethlisberger in round 14 because of his suspension. After week five, he was just a few points shy of Brady each week as the second best QB in the league.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Yay! My team doesn’t suck!
    (Here’s hoping the “injury” to Peyton is a strategy thing, and not a real thing… I don’t want to be starting Henne to often.)

stupido
    Participant

Bummer, I missed this post. Been wanting to try fantasy football.

Kestrana
    Participant

idk, Dolphins looked pretty good in the pre-season. Henne’s playing as well as he did pre-injury. I got a fair number of people I wanted including all my defenders and defense but I got some wild cards including a rookie RB so we’ll see! That’s the fun of fantasy though, just seeing what happens.

Next year stupido!

olavf
    Participant

I think there was a link on TFD for a couple of open slots today. I didn’t click so I don’t know if they got filled though.

Kestrana
    Participant

Ok everyone cheer on bucky_bacon as he’s the only Farktographer left standing in contention for our FF title, having just knocked me out (grrr…).

Also wanted to let Yugoboy and anyone other interested parties (U-Man, maybe fluffybunny I’m looking at you) know that we are continuing our league play in the NFL Fantasy Playoff League.

In this 4 week league you pick a team of 8 players each week of the playoffs: QB, 2x RB, 2xWR, TE, K and Team Def. You get a bonus multiplier for having a player on your team consecutive weeks. Whomever has the most accumulated points after the Super Bowl is the winner.

Everyone in the current league should receive an email invitation today. If you weren’t playing with us in the league and would like to join for the Playoff Challenge, let me know where I can email an invitation!

linguine
    Participant

Ok everyone cheer on bucky_bacon as he’s the only Farktographer left standing in contention for our FF title, having just knocked me out (grrr…).

Im not dead.
    I feel happy.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Also wanted to let Yugoboy and anyone other interested parties (U-Man, maybe fluffybunny I’m looking at you) know that we are continuing our league play in the NFL Fantasy Playoff League.

Alas, I am not a big sports person. I know a few of the principles involved but do not follow any team or player, hence it would be me picking options at random. I am fine operating this way, as long as it does not cause issues with those involved already (I recognize that some people take this kind of thing very seriously).

Yugoboy
    Participant

I wish I had known. When I saw the ads (to the tune of “So you had a bad day” and the various teams and their records) I signed up. I’ll still participate in “our” league as well. Maybe I’ll use different rosters to improve my chances.

Does doing it as a league confer any benefits? The biggest reason for doing the play-off one solo is the chance for Super Bowl Tix (not like I’ve got much chance, but you can’t win it if you’re not in it.)

Farktographer
    Participant

My teams (both farktography and friend’s league) were so ridiculously riddled with injuries this year that it’s not even funny. Horrible fantasy season this year for me 🙁

Kestrana
    Participant

Oh my bad linguine. Somehow I missed you in there too. So cheer for linguine and bucky_bacon!

Yugoboy you get another chance to win tix for playing in our league too.

Farktographer my entire bench is on IA. Andre Johnson, Darren McFadden, Denarius Moore… This year was terrible for star injuries.

fluffybunny our league is friendly. If you want to play just drop me a line at cjmontague (@) gmail (dot) com and I’ll get you an invite. You’re one of the newer regular posters so I figured I’d invite you. If aspidites shows up the next two weeks, he’s invited too. Or stupido.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘Fantasy Football League’ is closed to new replies.