Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Just to give everyone a last opportunity to participate, if you have a top 10, 15 or 25 list of your favorite themes, give us a post here and tell us what they are.

I haven’t followed lately; I think this was stuff all before my time. If it’s expanded, feel free to use any images in my farkfolio.

lokisbong
    Participant

10 macro bugs
    9 training documents
    8 running from camera
    7 Tilt-Shift Fake Miniature Scenes
    6 Float Like a Butterfly
    5 Farkitecture
    4 I Like it Anyways
    3 heebie jeebies
    2 Skylines
    1 All Night Long

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks for the list lokisbong

I don’t know if moving to facebook killed the discussion or what but I do want to keep moving forward on this project. Right now there is some discussion about 1. should we be selecting themes or individual pictures and 2. getting more people involved in the selection process, or how many people should be involved.

If you have an opinion either way, or no opinion and just think we should do what we think is best let us know.

LeicaLens
    Participant

That’s weird. I am sure I posted my list here after lokisbong

I had something like:
    Plants (or was it flowers?)
    Macro bugs
    Skylines
    Sunrise…Sunsets
    Tilt-shift
    Low-key (my only top three finish…)
    Industrial Arts
    Farkitecture
    Religion and Spirituality (II) (and possibly Graves)
    Lights camera action freeze!

Kestrana
    Participant

Plants was a theme, also Tiptoe through the tulips and Flower Power. Plants was the most recent of those.

Kestrana
    Participant

Hi, me again.

So we have an unofficial deadline of December 17th to get something put together.

Linguine suggested on facebook that we choose individual photographs instead of themes.
    I am personally a supporter of choosing themes and using them to organize the book.
    But that is where the discussion has currently stopped, so I have a dilemma.

I would prefer to work with a general consensus or blessing from the active members, either about the individual ideas or about me taking on the job of creating a product to bring back for approval. Either way is fine, I have plenty of time and desire to work on this project. I don’t want us to lose the opportunity to publish through a “real” publisher since who knows, it could lead to fame and fortune for the lot of us (probably not).

But if the general feeling is still to continue to talk about everything as a group, that’s perfectly fine too – we just need to get talking again about it. If you don’t want to just turn this project over to me, then we really need to nail down how we are choosing our content and who is doing the choosing.

Currently on facebook I had asked the people who joined the group to give me a “Top 25” list that we added up to give us a Top 50 themes, then SilverStag suggested we get more input so a couple people posted some top 10 lists here. But there is still a debate whether or not we should go by theme or individual picture.

So please, if you have an opinion, weigh in on this.

Thanks and love,
    Kes

Kestrana
    Participant

Ok well I drew up the legal release in the time waiting for any further comments so I’m going to use the information already obtained, pick the last of the content and use the “All Time Highest Vote Evar” photographs for the non-chapter content pages.

Just waiting on Drew’s approval of the work so far and I will be in touch with pretty much everyone about licensing a picture (or a dozen).

monkeybort
    Participant

Hey y’all!

what a great idea! I’m totally on board. Thing is…..I don’t know where my high res files are. kestrana just emailed me about being included and I’m totally honored and flattered but I’ve gotten a new computer and completely revamped my archive system and am pretty sure Farktog stuff ended up on a disc in the disc cabinet. Will do my best but no promises!

Kestrana
    Participant

Figured I should mention now since the process is started, don’t panic if you don’t get an email or note from me today. I have 145 people whose contact info I have to track down and I’m starting with the farktography.net membership list and may not finish today.

Also some FAQs so far:

Yes you can scan the signature document and email it to me. Later versions of the email clarify this anyway.

Yes you can host your hi-res images somewhere and give me links to download. That is probably the easiest way to get the files.

caradoc
    Participant

I have 145 people whose contact info I have to track down and I’m starting with the farktography.net membership list and may not finish today.

And the faster respondents get better placement in the book, right?

😉

Kestrana
    Participant

Haha that wouldn’t be fair to the people who have the day off (like me) or live in better time zones now would it?

But since you bring up book placement, I have a .pdf now of the layout that Drew, JoethePeacock and I have been working on and I will post a link to it sometime today.

Dancin_In_Anson
    Participant

Hello all. I just got a message from Kestrana regarding this project and I think it’s a grand idea. I do have an idea regarding the proceeds if I may.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Got the email, just need to print, scan and sign, look for the hi-res, do you want tif or jpg?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Soooo June and July were super crazy for me, so despite knowing about this and signing up for the FB group, I’m just now getting around to reading up on where everything is. I still haven’t caught up on everything, but it’s a cool idea. Thanks for spearheading it, Kestrana.

Also, monkeybort: Are you in contact with veruca? She used to be on my FB but disappeared, and she deleted her Flickr, so I don’t have contact with her anymore. Might have an email somewhere, though.

lokisbong
    Participant

I will email the form as soon as I get to my parents house because I don’t have a printer or scanner. I will send the largest version of my pictures at the same time because the free version of Flickr shrinks the file from full resolution. Thank you for thinking any of my shots are book worthy.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘Let’s Publish a Coffee Table Book.’ is closed to new replies.